Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marylandbarn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 02:05 PM
    video taping leased property
    I lease a property and have exclusive use of such ,is it legal for the land lord to install video cameras inside one of those building I lease example a barn. I live in Maryland
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 06:26 PM
    You live in an apartment complex, they have cameras all around the outside, and often wash rooms, game rooms and so on.

I am not sure it is illegal, remember it is not a matter of being legal, it is an issue is there a law against it. This may also be an issue that just depends on your states law. Was there a camera there before you moved in. why is he doing this ?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Feb 21, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Landlord "cams" are the coming thing and they are being mandated by the landlord's insurance company... why would you object?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent Upgrades to a Leased Property for Business [ 1 Answers ]

How do I categorize building improvements to a leased business space? What type of "expense" category do I list them in? For example, I paid for new carpet to be installed into my business offices. Also, does this affect any other accounts... equity, liability, or assets?

Can I put a lien on property I leased/opt [ 7 Answers ]

10/30/07 Can I put a lien on a house my sister lease/opted me? Im out of state Its in Memphis, I live in Calif. She owes me construction costs $12000.00 I have all reciepts, she rented the house out and said "forget you".. Help what do...

Taping cement board joints [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know what kind of compound to use on cement board?I've checked the USG FAQ site and they recommend 'glass tape for the joints, I see no mention of compound, other than to say that joint compound is not acceptable because cb is generally used in damp areas and the joint compound won't...

Taping Into a Washer's Standpipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, just wondering if I can install an in-floor drain that taps into the standpipe drain I already use for my first-floor washing machine. The standpipe runs directly behind, then underneath the washer (underneath the floor board)--there's room enough to work under there--I checked. I want...

View more questions Search