Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

Feb 20, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Tipping limo driver in Vagas
    I will be going to Las Vegas in April with my soon to be husband for our hunnymoon. We have decided to be picked up and dropped off at the airport from a limo. We have already reserved and paid for it. We were wondering how much to tip the driver though. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 20, 2008, 01:28 PM
    I was married in vegas. We got a limo. I wouldn't do it again. The driver rudely told us he expected an 80 dollar tip. I was so disgusted at that I made a point of giving him nothing. I had already paid 150 dollars for the limo.

Feb 20, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Also don't be tempted to use hotel phones in your room. We rang home for 30 minutes after we got married and ran up a 500 dollar bill!!
    Shell_Lee Posts: 83, Reputation: 10

Feb 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
    $80! Wow - I wasn't expecting anything like that. If I was told that they expected $80, I also think I wouldn't give them much.

And I usually don't use hotel phones (unless it's for a local call that I know is free) I have a cell phone that has no roaming charges on it. Some things hotels charge $$$$$ for just because they know they can.

Feb 20, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Well now maybe I just had an unlucky limo driver, anyone else out there with answers?
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 21, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shell_Lee
    I will be going to Las Vegas in April with my soon to be husband for our hunnymoon. We have decided to be picked up and dropped off at the airport from a limo. We have already reserved and paid for it. We were wondering how much to tip the driver though. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    If you are going to have the same driver on the way back, tell him "you'll catch him on the return trip." Now, if you win big, then treat him accordingly; however, if you lose big... just "run like the wind" when you get out of the limo! Seriously though, if it is just a short trip to the hotel (from the airport), just give him a 15% tip. So 15% of $150.00 would be about $25.00 (rounded); right. And, if you have a different driver each way, then shoot each guy a ten spot! Hey, it isn't like this guy is doing anything difficult so don't overpay him (my opinion). Besdies, most of those airport limos are more like cabs anyway...
    nguyen611 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2009, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xphelper View Post
    If you are going to have the same driver on the way back, tell him "you'll catch him on the return trip." Now, if you win big, then treat him accordingly; however, if you lose big... just "run like the wind" when you get out of the limo! Seriously though, if it is just a short trip to the hotel (from the airport), just give him a 15% tip. So 15% of $150.00 would be about $25.00 (rounded); right. And, if you have a different driver each way, then shoot each guy a ten spot! Hey, it isn't like this guy is doing anything difficult so don't overpay him (my opinion). Besdies, most of those airport limos are more like cabs anyway...
    I would have to agree with xphelper for the most part. Tipping is always a nice gesture when good service is being provided; meaning the driver was helpful with your bags and a pleasure to talk to. In general 15% is a good starting point and depending on your experience with the driver you can make the adjustment accordingly. Also keep in mind that some drivers in vegas have certain expectations when it comes to tipping so they may be verbal or possibly rude if he or she is not pleased with your kind gesture; I know this since I have experienced this first hand. For more tips and suggestions for your vegas trip click here:
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 7, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen611 View Post
    I would have to agree with xphelper for the most part. Tipping is always a nice gesture when good service is being provided; meaning the driver was helpful with your bags and a pleasure to talk to. In general 15% is a good starting point and depending on your experience with the driver you can make the adjustment accordingly. Also keep in mind that some drivers in vegas have certain expectations when it comes to tipping so they may be verbal or possibly rude if he or she is not pleased with your kind gesture; I know this since I have experienced this first hand. For more tips and suggestions for your vegas trip click here:
    I would imagine they had a good time in Vegas 19 MONTHS AGO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driver Magic -- Auto Driver Updater [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a software program from Symplis it SymplisIT Corporation - Downloads & Updates I installed program, updated with version 1.1.1 update ---It appeared to install correctly, And update was successfully. The problem is an error message when I launch it... ( ERROR : RUN TIME ERROR...

Tipping [ 6 Answers ]

Should I tip the guy installing carpet at my house. If so, how much? He doesn't own the business, he's the installer for the company from which I purchased the carpet.

Yellow tipping [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me what yellow tipping means?

Cd Rom, Cd driver, Cd writer driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have never had any problems with this before. I used to be able to save data, music, pictures and etc on my cd writer. I tried saving some pictures that I have recently gathered with our new baby and while my wife was pregnant. So I tried everything. The writer does not do anything. Does...

View more questions Search