Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    padidog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Can I get my Children BACK
    I live in Ontario Canada my children were born here but my wife and I are English.
    Last year we decided to separate for a short while and she went back to the U.K. with the children . I wrote a letter giving permission for them to travel for a period for a vacation only ( not Perm) . Now my wife has decide that she wants us to split for good and has already having a relationship with another man.
    My question , how easy or possible would it be for me to get the children back over here to Canada seeing as I have never given permission for them to live there in the U.K. perm.
    Also the mother is being rather unfit, partying every weekend and palming the kids off onto her parents.
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 20, 2008, 01:25 PM
    I understand your anger. Do you truly believe she is unfit? Or are you just hurt angry and jealous? Be honest. I think you will find in Britain they tend to side with the mother. Are the children happy in england
    padidog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 01:34 PM
    No please don't get me wrong . I am not at all angey , well just a little obviously but sad more than anything. The children do have a bigger family network over there, but there emother is going out partying all the time and is now spending a lot of time with her new man and the children ar egetting palmed off onto her parents that are getting older and have never had the patience to deal with young ones , which is understandable. My concern also is whether they ar ebetter off there or here and if she had her own place and was being a good mother I would not be thinking this route. But when I call to speak to the children the day after she has been out and they say mummy is in bed at 2 in the afternoon I know that they are being neglected. And the only place she takes them out to is the local football club so she can drink and they run around for an hour.
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 20, 2008, 01:44 PM
    I think it should come down to what's best for the children. Their mother sounds immature, but it doesn't make her a bad mother by any means. She is also dealing with the breakup of your marriage, new man or no new man. It must effect her. Try to stay talking to her.
    Personally I think Canada would prob be a better standard of living for the children, and I feel that when they are older you will prob find they come to visit you a lot or even move in with you.
    I think court cases can be messy and disrupive for children.
    Best advice, stay calm, remain friendly with ex wife for kids sake. Go to england on holiday, suss out how happy the kids are, talk to them. Then proceed. If you feel they want and are better off with you then, fight for custody.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 10:50 PM
    If she seems to prefer partying to caring for children, she shouldn't be opposed to having you take care of them full time. If she's sleeping till two in the afternoon, partying is the winner. The above advise is good, now. If she has alcoholic tendencies and it's easier to drink in England, she'll want to stay.

If it were me, I'd go and get them. Make her jump through hoops to get them back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Ex-wife wants children back. [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single father of 3 boys. My ex wife and I divorced three years ago at which time we had a 60/40 split in visitation where she was the primary care giver. One year ago my ex-wife was having a difficult time with the boys and wasn't meeting her responsibilities to them. She signed the boys...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

Michael jordan back to back mvp how much is it worth [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how much the Michael jordan back to back mvp is worth. Any one please help1

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search