Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justin12 Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Feb 19, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Ford f 150
    I have a 1998 ford f150 and it is missing bad and I have replaced the spark plugs and the fuel filter and no check engine light is on
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:50 PM
    For best results, use the Motorcraft spark plugs that originally came in the truck. After that, use Autolites. Consider changing the spark plug wires. If the problem persists, check/replace the coil. Ensure plug wires are properly seated on the coil and plugs.
    wilddog27 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 11:20 PM
    When you drive the truck does it shudder? And does it ever seem to stop doing it at certain rpms? V6 or V8?

Feb 20, 2008, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wilddog27
    when ya drive the truck does it shudder? and does it ever seem to stop doing it at certain rpms? V6 or V8?
    v6 4.2L
    Yea it shudders when I start to slow down and also when I'm at idol when it is in drive it also does it when its in park but not as bad but I gess I should try a air filter and spark plug wires..

Feb 20, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    For best results, use the Motorcraft spark plugs that originally came in the truck. After that, use Autolites. Consider changing the spark plug wires. If the problem persists, check/replace the coil. Ensure plug wires are properly seated on the coil and plugs.
    Ok that's what I thought about doing was to chang the spark plug wires and the air filter. I did put the autolite spark plugs in there about a month ago..

Feb 21, 2008, 05:19 AM
    Well my boss has the same truck doing the same thing! They changed plugs and wires twice also put new injectors in.. Computer shows dead miss on cylinder 5. Compression test showed everything was OK... But now they are saying that the coil is bad... Also heard from a ase certified mechanic at dealer ship that motor was bad about having egr problems. Supposedly there is a port in the head that can get clogged up and cause it to run really rough. Truck is in shop I'll let you know if they ever figure it out.

Mar 1, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Well no luck on the truck. Now they saying it's a burnt valve. Did you ever figure out your truck's problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overdrive on F-150 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I just bought a '99 F150, but I'm having a problem with it. If I'm driving in the city, and get up to 45-50mph, when I start to slow, I can feel the truck drop out of overdrive kind of hard, and then the overdrive OFF light starts flashing. There is no way to get it to stop flashing...

1999 f-150 [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with the odomiter in my truck.Some times when I take off the park brake the odomiter goes out. It seames to keep track of the milage but goes out after a few miles it comes back on. Other times it will go out just driving then come back on.Drives me crazy need the odomiter to...

View more questions Search