Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vandorf_steve Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Wall finish for an Indoor Spa room
    I bought a house with an indoor spa in a partially finished (drywalled) room in the basement. I am looking to finish the room it is in and am wondering what is the best way to finish the room? I am planning to lay ceramic tile on the floor but am debating wall finishes. Drywall? Green board? Cement board? Tile walls? Stucco finish vs latex paint vs oil base paint? Tongue and groove cedar? Also do I need vapour barrier under all of these?

The room has a window for venting as well as a vent connected to a whole house air exchanger that I turn on whenever the spa is in use.

Thanks,

Steve
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Your hot tub produces a lot of humidity so mildew and rot will be you enemy. The more non-organic you go the less problems so ceramic all around would be worth considering. Go with Wonderboard or Hardiebacker on the wall. Take a look at this for your cement floor. DITRA Installation Instructions - Schluter-Systems
    sowhynot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
    If you want a stone based natural finish Stonecoat Render in Melbourne Australia has a spray on surface that is water proof and mold and mildew treated , the colours range from black to marble white

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspect of PVC drain Pipe leak in wall of bath room [ 14 Answers ]

Lately, there is water dripping sound in the wall of my bath room immediately after shower or toilet flushing or water sink used. After about 5-15 minutes, then the dripping sound stopped. I suspect there is a leak in PVC drain pipe or fitting in the wall. However, there is no sign of water...

Creating a half wall between kitchen and dining room [ 3 Answers ]

I need to make a half wall between the kitchen and diningroom. The stove and base cabinets with outlets are on that wall. It is a non-load bearing wall. Do I need a permit and how long would this project take (approximately), cost (5ft), general info appreciated. Thanks

It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find the name of the song and lyrics to the song that has the line... "It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top." It came from a show, possibly Barnum? Thanks David

View more questions Search