Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Feb 19, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Breast feeding
    Hi I am 25 weeks pregnant and I was wondering with my first son I bottle feed with my second one he was only 2 pounds so he could not breast feed however I pumped for 2 months for him but I am a very busy mom of going to be three and when I pumped I stayed so wore out that I couldn't even stay awake to take care of the kids I was wondering if its just as tiring to breast feed because I would really like to try and breast feed but I am scared to also with my other child I could not get that much out I am scare that is what will happen to this one?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Take your vitamin supplements and omega fatty acid
    Breastfeeding mom's diet: DHA and omega-3 fats in breast milk enhance baby's brain development
    And try breastfeeding because it is good for you and the baby.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Feb 19, 2008, 05:51 PM
    OK thank u
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 20, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Your body does need some rest time to recover from being pregnant.

If you need help taking care of the other kids while you nurse enlist as many family members or friends as you can. Don't be afraid to ask. It is very important that you get the rest you need.

You may be able to find a doula organization in your area that could also help. Doulas assist during birth and the post-partum period. For a fee they will provide the service of coming to your home watching your older children and doing some light housework to give you break and some bonding time with baby.

DONA International – Welcome!

The LaLeche League is also a great resource for any breastfeeding question. Their website is below and you may have a group in your area. They will offer guidance at no cost and respond very quickly to emailed questions.

LLLUSA or LLLI | Breastfeeding Answers from La Leche League

The hospital where you gave birth may also have a lactation consultant available who can help you with questions and concerns.

Good Luck!
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Feb 20, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Many women won't get as much milk out when they pump as they will when they breastfeed. It will definitely be difficult, but once you make it past the first two to three weeks it becomes much simpler. You may be able to do just fine with breastfeeding, but you just don't know until you try. As pp stated, enlist help from friends and family. Make sure you eat well and drink plenty of fluids. A really great site for resources is kellymom.com. Breastfeeding is so wonderful for you and your baby. I'd say give it a try... it's better than not.

kellymom :: Breastfeeding and Parenting
    thegandyman Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Feb 20, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Breast is best but some women psycologically aren't made for it. Your body will tell you if nursing is the best idea for you. You will be drained for the first couple of weeks and pumping usually doesn't put you in the right emotional state to produce the goods. If you are pumping while away from your baby keep photos of the youngster handy or try keeping something personal between you and your baby that you can carry with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss while breast feeding [ 3 Answers ]

I am a new mother to a 5month old infant. I'm solely breastfeeding and have experienced excessive hair loss in the last 2 months. What is the going on? I take a women's daily multi-vitamin as instructed by my OB/GYN. I was on Errin birth control but have since stopped. What can I do to reverse...

Breast feeding diet. [ 8 Answers ]

Will it affect my baby's breast milk if I take my prenatial vit. And DHA pills and not eat very much?:confused:

Am I pregnant if breast feeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 month baby I breast feed her 2-3 times rest I give her formula milk , am 7 days late on my periods the HCG strip test came out negative why am I not getting my periods? Am I pregnant?

Infections through breast feeding [ 7 Answers ]

What are the possible infections or diseases a breast feeding mother could pass onto a child? Infections like measles,oral infections,urine infections,yeast,colds,fevers etc, any possibility of such passing to the baby through the breast feeding? I do not have an infection or a disease,but just...

Problems breast-feeding [ 3 Answers ]

My question is how do I know if I have a clogged milk duct... I've been breast-feeding a little over 8 months and yesterday morning my left breast began to get really sore and I've feed more off it thinking it was too full but its still reallly sore... its only on my left breast on the botton a...

View more questions Search