Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Midnight_Angel Posts: 79, Reputation: 3

Feb 19, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Legal Name Change
    Hi! I am curious about legally changing my name and was hoping for some info about restrictions, cost, procedure, when and why it would be rejected etc anyone who can help me ;)
    hnguyen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_Angel
    Hi! I am curious about legally changing my name and was hoping for some info about restrictions, cost, procedure, when and why it would be rejected etc anyone who can help me ;)
    LegalZoom.com is the best site to have your name changed. I just had mine done. Through them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 03:40 PM
    The cost is very low depending on state a little over 100 to a few 100 dollars. You can do either a single or a entire family change. It can not be done to try and hide from debts or legal action, and can not be done to a name that would be "wrong" or for illegal purpose. For example, you may not be allowed to change your name to Trump, if it was known you were going to try and do something illegal. Or I may not be allowed if the name was a racial slur.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 06:49 PM
    You may not change your name if you have any criminal warrants pending in your original name to twart being arrested. The cost is minimal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing your birth certificate after a legal name change [ 2 Answers ]

I recently legally changed my name. Have all my legal papers, new social secutiy card, drivers license etc. however now my origanl birth cert does not reflect my name change. I was born in up state New York, lived in Nevada where name change was done and now live in Florida. How do I get this...

Legal change minor last name [ 2 Answers ]

I am recently remarried after many years. My children's father has not been in contact for nearly 10 years. My question is can they take on my married name as they wish. What is the process? I live in Washington state. Thanks so much

Legal title change to home [ 2 Answers ]

I live with my husband in a home that he purchased BEFORE we got married. I would like to be a legal owner of this home with my husband, how do I legally accomplish this ? Who do I go to to perform this service ? I need this information to confirm what I already may know. I say this because I have...

Legal name change on deed [ 1 Answers ]

My legal name changed recently, and I need to change it on the deed/title to my property. So there is no transfer of property, I just need to change it from my old name to my new name. How do I do this? I'm in California.

Legal name change of a minor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to legally change my sons name to my future husbands last name. My sons father has been out of the picture for over 5 years, last I heard he moved out of state, got married and has 2 more children. I can't find the man any where. My question is can I just file the paper work myself without...

View more questions Search