Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donnabe59 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Summary Judgment
    A law firm recently was awarded a summary judgment against me on a
    Old credit card account. I asked them if they had my original contract with my signature
    And they sent me a letter stating that it was destroyed by the original creditor. Do I have any rights as to appeal this matter or am I at their mercy?:(
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Hello donna:

You don't want to hear this, but if you had gone to court and they couldn't produce your signature, they wouldn't have won.

No, you can't appeal it, because they didn't win because you owed the debt. They won because you didn't show up.

You're pretty much at their mercy.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Income Summary [ 5 Answers ]

I am not looking for the answer that's why I have not included the dollar amount. I just want to know how to do the income summary to the question below. What are the step I should follow? I have tried several steps and cannot come up with the answer. I must be leaving something out either in...

Summary Judgement [ 7 Answers ]

How much time do we have to respond to motion for summary Judgement?

Income Summary [ 1 Answers ]

I have closed all my temorary accounts to the income summary but it's a project for school and they want me to put it onto my worksheet. What do I put it under? I have a choice between unadjusted trial balance, adjustments, adjusted trial balance, then it extends to the income statement and balance...

Motion for Summary Judgment due to credit debt [ 0 Answers ]

In 2005 I ran into severe financial trouble, causing majority of my debts to go to collections. Unfortunately, many are still there. Spring of 2007 I received a summons for a court appearance because of a judgment that had been filed to my county court on behalf of the credit card company for the...

Income summary [ 1 Answers ]

The income summary account is an important account that is used

View more questions Search