Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genevievea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Multimedia audio controller
    Yesterday I was going through "add/remove programs" in control panel and deleting some programs that I never or rarely use. I accidentally deleted a program (I think it was a sound driver) and now my computer won't play music or make any sound. Every time I turn it on it says it has found new hardware, "multimedia audio controller" and it wants to install it but it can't find the necessary software on my computer for this to work.

I tried using system restore to rectify this problem but unfortunately I'd deleted so many miscellaneous programs that I couldn't go back far enough to when I'd deleted the audio controller.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm getting really wound up and panicky about this whole thing. If prompted I can provide more information but I wasn't sure what things anyone helping me would need to know.

Thanks
    :( :( :(
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 07:36 PM
    You would need to download the driver from mfg website or compatible driver
    What sound card do you have
    Zaithe Posts: 99, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2008, 02:55 AM
    Well usually drivers installed don't show in add/remove programs.It just one software of audio which installed for Multimedia audio controller and I'm sure you have deleted that software.It is realteck Audio drivers.Download free from
    Realtek
    Or
    Realtek
    Install it.Your audio ll be back.Best of Luck. Let me know if any problem
    choudhary Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 01:22 AM
    Hi,guys
    That's just simple way 2 find driver
    1- find the modal number back of the computer there will b small sticker
    2- go to web site which computer u have like, dell
    3- click, driver and download
    4-click, enter a tag and than wright down that number there which 1 u find back of computer
    5-web site find your modal and driver
    6-click, audio and download that driver which they decide for u
    Hope you will be back in voice or ask me if you want more help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia Audio Controller /REALTEK AC'97 Audio [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - it appears that the multimedia audio controller problem that I had has now morphed into a REALTEK AC'97 Audio problem. I loaded a driver for the mother board to fix the MAC problem after helpful folks assisted me in getting the specs on the motherboard (ECS PS45A/DX+1.0 if it makes a...

Multimedia audio controller [ 2 Answers ]

I have a yellow question mark beside multimedia audio controller and I don't know what this means. I have sound on my computer and all of my drivers seem to be up to date. I tried to install a driver for this but nothing happens. I don't know much about my computer information except that I know my...

Multimedia audio controller [ 4 Answers ]

I have been searching all around for a website to download Ge-force motherboard multimedia audio controller, I did use Nvidia website but to no avail.

Multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I listen to itunes I can't hear anything----i get a yellow question mark---for audio controller?I try in install the drive-the wizard can't find it-does anyone know how to fix this?

Multimedia Audio Controller [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my "multimedia audi controller", whenever I play music it will not be played and a message will appear that there is a problem with my sound device.

View more questions Search