Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rspk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 01:31 PM
    Which bucket Apartment Referral Fee will fall in IRS return
    Hi,

I had referred my friend to the apartment where I live and had got $500 as referral fee in a check from apartment management. When I referred my friend the apartment management had asked me to fill out W-9 form.

Now I am in the process of filing my tax return. My question is where do I show this $500 income in my tax return? Under "broker transactions?" or in any other bucket?

Appreciate\ any help.

Thanks
    SP
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Feb 19, 2008, 04:46 PM
    You just list in on line 21 "Other income". It will be added to your other taxable income.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 5, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Agreed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal fee/filing fee as misc expense [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I and my husband intend to file joint return. We will itemize deductions. We have some H1 and employer based filing fee and attorney fee for our green card. Can I deduct that under misc. deductions ? Since it is employment based, it is not a "personal" legal fee. Which forms should I use...

Is it legal for TX apts to charge late fee PLUS concession fee? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lived in my apt complex going on 5 years. Last month I was late paying my rent a couple of days because I was out of town on business. When I got back and called to get the total amount due, it was an outrageously high amount of money. When I asked him to break down the charges, he said...

Penalty fee for filing tax return late [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have been asked by the IRS to file tax return for the tax period 12-31-2005. By the time, I was an international student in the U.S. working as an independent contractor. I received the 1099 Misc Form from my former company showing the total amount of 18600 USD in box 7. Since I...

Referral bonus [ 3 Answers ]

Ihave received a referral bonus of 2000 this month. My friend wanted to split this bonus 40/60. 40 percent for me after taxes. Now, am I not losing money on this? Thanks.

View more questions Search