Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeniseAL Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 01:31 PM
    How to connect TV, VCR and DVD and Cable
    I can't get my DVD player to work with my VCR. I have the Cable running into the TV (works fine) and the VCR hooked up to the TV with Coax, and the DVD player connected to the VCR with the R/W/Y cables. But the DVD player won't play.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Does your TV have multiple inputs?

If not, then you probably need to daisy chain everything. Cable into DVD, then into VCR, then into TV.
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Mar 9, 2008, 09:58 PM
    You're trying to get your DVD player to work through your VCR? First of all, as ScottGem said, it would be best to utilize any inputs available on your TV. If not, check to make sure the DVD player is plugged into your VCR's "input" jacks and not the "output" jacks. Secondly, avoid running the DVD player through your VCR at all. Most DVD players and DVDs employ copy-protection technology that make watching DVDs through your VCR nearly impossible. That could be your problem.

If you don't have extra RCA, S-Video, or Component inputs on your TV, you'll need to get an "RF adapter." This properly adapts your DVD player to coax TV cable, while avoiding any copy protection problems caused through VCRs. You can obtain one of these at a local RadioShack or Walmart. Talk to the salesperson to make sure you are getting the right thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect LCD TV, DVD/VCR and Cable [ 2 Answers ]

I have Direct TV box and would like to connect a Sharp LC20S2U LCD TV and a JVC HR-XVC37U DVD/VCR. I want to be able to watch TV while the VCR is recording another station. I also have a separate outdoor Antenna that gets very good reception for local stations. I would like to be able to use that...

Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all! I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. They have cable TV, but no cable box. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. How do I hook up the DVD/VCR player so both DVDs and VHS tapes...

DVD with cable and VCR [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to hook-up/use a DVD player without having to disconnect the VCR?I think that I have all of the cables that I need,it's just that now in order to use the DVD,I have to disconnect the VCR.Thanks in advance.

How do I connect Toshiba VCR/DVD, Directv and TV (coax cable only) [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone assist me with connecting vcr/dvd combo, directv and TV? I have tried everything and I have had no success. The television has a coax cable. I tried connecting the vcr/dvd through the satellite and receive no sound or picture. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Connect TV,vcr,cable,dvd recorder [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rca big sreen TV, digital cable box, vcr and dvd recorder. I can't seem to get it all connected properly by following the TV instruction guide or the dvd recorder instruction guide. I would like to be able to record dvd's from old vcr tapes, plus be able to have a strong enough signal to...

View more questions Search