Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynnie123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 01:30 PM
    Breaking a condo lease in Lake Bluff, Il
    We signed a lease for one year back :( in August 2007. My employer went out of business in January 2008. I have found another job, but it takes me out of state. Is there any law in Illinois that allows me to break a lease for that reason?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 19, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Nope, see if you can negotiate a buyout or sublet.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Sorry, no, that is why people who own property does leases. Some at times have things for service people, esp if they are around bases, but those are not state ordered merely a term in a lease. So your only way out is what is written in that lease, Normally none.

You can find out about sub-leasing, if you do move, they are required to try and lease your unit, but you are obligated to pay for the rent and often utilities until it is rented.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking a lease prior to occupancy.lease already signed [ 13 Answers ]

Help. My question is this... i signed a lease to rent a single family home... i gave a 200.00 deposit to hold it/toward security. I am unable to move into the home because i have to go out of state for a very ill family member (mother). ive tried to contact "LANDLORD" several times when i heard of...

Breaking lease in Texas-Did not sign lease [ 2 Answers ]

I have shared a house for 15 months with two other roomates. There is a 2 year lease on the house. My name is on the lease with the other two roomates, BUT I did NOT sign the lease. I want to move out because I can no longer stand living with these two roomates. Am I free and clear to leave...

Stipulations in a lease vs. Law when breaking a lease [ 8 Answers ]

I'm breaking a lease with my landlord 6 months in (I'm moving out of the country). I've found someone to take over the lease immediately upon my departure. I informed my landlord 5 weeks prior to the point where I'd be breaking the lease. The landlord has (three weeks later) informed me that they...

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

View more questions Search