Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sosdog Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Jan 23, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Unethical or Illegal?
    I was recently terminated from employment. I have my immediate supervisor that tells me I violated policy and therefore am being terminated. I contested the violations to him and he admitted that the violations were without merit 'to him'. I have a witness to this discussion. An employee of security that was required to be present.

I contacted someone up the chain of command, his supervisor (2nd overall) and she tells me, on 3 separate occasion, that in fact it was a probationary termination and that is how it was recorded on my file.

I have come to find out that the negative filing of my terminations reasons were put into my file and have become available for future employers. Dates/status of discharge/etc. This is causing great concern because I have been in this business for 20 years and have never had any negative reactions. I have discovered the real reason for the termination, but does it do me any good? And do I have any recourse against said supervisor or the employer itself?

Sosdog
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2006, 06:22 PM
    Not hired
    If you are not hired because of incorrect or false information given by a past employer you may have a case.

Also what negative information, the items listed, date of discharge, status of discharge ( normally would hire back or not).

Also if a person is discharged for not finishing the probationary period, what does that really mean anyway, unless the person did not do good enough they don't let a probationary employee go anyway, so a probationary discharge is often harder to explain that one specific reason that may be explained. Often fired is fired on another application.

Also in today's world, very little info is ever given on a reference check, employments date, would your rehire

Now on the other hand it is not right for false info to be in your file either,
    You have a right to review info in your file, I would ask for a copy of everythng in it and then if anything is false, ask them to correct the error.

Talk to someone in Human Resourses at a main office, not to your past bosses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Illegal aliens [ 62 Answers ]

With over 10 million illegal aliens in the U.S who is to blame and how would you solve this problem?:cool:

Unethical realestate contract [ 10 Answers ]

My wife and I are in the process of selling out home. Our home has been on the market for about a month and a half. Monday of last week our realitor brought us a contingency contract from a prospective buyer. Our realitor said the buyer is in the process of selling their home and an offer for...

Unethical? [ 3 Answers ]

Is this ethical? It seems to me that if something is illegal, and it would violate Forum Rules to post links in reference to it, then ANY help in finding such tools would be unethical. Anyone else? Scott<>

Illegal garnishment? [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to Phoenix from Omaha, NE 4 years ago. Two years ago I sold my house in Omaha, carrying back a loan to the buyer. In selling the house, I paid back all judgments and debts on record, and title company gave me a clear title. A few months later, an ex-wife had a lawyer garnish the monthly...

Illegal Operation--Help? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi-- When I log off on Window's 98SE--after a few minutes, when I try to get back on--it say's I have performed an illegal operation--it say's the reason is--"MPREXE"--can anyone please tell me what this means? And what I can do to correct it--Thank you--

View more questions Search