Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qayyumkhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Writing tecnechs
    Dear sir or madam

I always face difficulties while I am writing any topic. I am always doing spelling mistakes and can not use right word in a right time.

How I can avoid spelling mistake and grammar mistakes.

Please tell me the way throws which I write easily to express my idea in less words and in good way.

Thanks

Your sincerely
    qayyumkhan
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 19, 2008, 01:07 PM
    First--Find books or magazines that are good examples of how you would like to write and immerse yourself in them. Read as much as you can find. Use a local library if you can.

Second--Write a lot. With practice, you will be able to get the techniques you pick up by reading ingrained in your head and eventually develop a "voice" all your own.

Third--Get some good reference books to keep handy for spelling and grammatical questions (dictionaries and grammar check in word processing programs are useful but don't help you learn as much as they just try to correct errors). One possible suggestion: The Gregg Reference Manual by William Sabin. A book I just spotted on Amazon.com that looks promising is Reviewing Basic Grammar: A Guide to Writing Sentences and Paragraphs

Amazon.com: Reviewing Basic Grammar: A Guide to Writing Sentences and Paragraphs (7th Edition): Books: Mary Laine Yarber,Robert Yarber

Fourth--Some colleges offer non-credit classes to the community for lower tuition costs. See if you can find some on improving writing skills. A brief Google search on "improving writing skills" turns up a lot of possible resources also.

Good Luck!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Turn the screen off when you are writing, or if you are on a laptop, push the screen down so you can't see it. That way, when you make a spelling mistake, you won't notice it and you can't go back and edit. When you are done writing, turn the screen on and edit away. If you don't know the spelling or proper grammar, get a book from your local library to help you out.

The main thing when you are writing is to write - get your ideas down. Worry about how they sound after the ideas are out there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a Novel [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im new to this... please help me. I would like to start writing a novel. Where do I start? Im in the USA, CA, and would like help and assistance Deliah

Writing a CD [ 9 Answers ]

About a year ago I wrote a CD with some important data on it, and accidentally forgot to finalize the CD. My hard drive crashed, and had it replaced. However now I want to read the CD but I can't because nothing shows up. I'm sure that there is data there because when I look on the underside of the...

Novel writing [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 100,000 words into my story and I've got a nagging feeling it's too slow. The story takes place several years after the country was hit by drought and how people are still suffering from its effects. The maincharacter is a seventeen year old girl who was rescued from a lap dancing club and...

View more questions Search