Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    betsyryan1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Pipe whistling
    What can I do to stop the high pitch whistling sound that happens when I run the shower?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Try removing the shower head to see if it is the source of the noise. If it is vclean and soak it in CLR to get rid of any scale or lime build up. If the shower whitsles with the head removed then you have some crud in your mixing valve. Let us know how this goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What was this whistling [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this morning I awoke to a wolf whisltling noise in my room it went on for 5 minutes then stopped it was definitely in my room and there was no appliances on any ideas?

Whistling from my furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Just before my furnace cuts in it starts this high pitched whistle sound that goes through the whole house. Once the furnace cuts in, it begins clunking/banging quite loudly.It is an oil hot water furnace with hot water coils in it. I have no problem with the hot water and have it regularly...

Whistling shower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a shower that makes a high pitch whistle when the hot water is running?

Whistling faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Recently replaced a kitchen faucet, now the hot water whistles until you turn on the cold, then it stops unless you turn off the cold water then it starts up again. Also, occasionally there have been air bubbles in the toilet in my basement (finished) any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks

Whistling [ 1 Answers ]

Our home heating system is one which uses the main water system and fans to heat up the water and blow out hot air through vents. Can't remember what it's called... Often there is a high pitched whistling noise coming from the main water line when the heater is running. We noticed that when we...

View more questions Search