Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anilkc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2003, 10:12 AM
    Attachments
    Hi,

I have updated the windows 98 very recently. After that, I am unable to receive jpg attachments with e-mail at Outlook Express. There is message tells "OE found some unsafe content and it is removed from the original message". But, no problem for .doc attachments.

Please help
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 11, 2003, 10:26 PM
    Attachments
    This is a wonderful new "feature" Microsoft decided that they ought to put onto your system.

Assuming you are using a new version of Outlook Express, you should be able to go to Tools-->Options, select Security, and uncheck Do not allow attachments to be opened that might be infected. You can look at http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q329570 for more information.

At least they put in a way to turn it off... before you had to edit the registry to do that...

Note that if this doesn't work, I have been able to access my attachments by choosing to Forward the message... then it lets you save and open the attachments (at least that works in regular Outlook).

Hope this helps...
    ~psi42
    anilkc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2003, 01:33 AM
    Attachments
    Hi,

Thank you very much for the prompt answer. It works.
    Thanks a lot again.

Anil

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attachments in Outlook Express [ 3 Answers ]

How do I create a file to send as an attachment to my e-mail on Outlook Express 6? I cannot find someone who will help me. E-mail me at [email protected].

Yahoo/hotmail attachments [ 1 Answers ]

I am unable to download attachment in one computer and cannot upload in another. Computer just hangs there forever. One computer is located home using cable (can't upload attachment) and the other is located @ work using dsl (can't download attachment). Any one know what is wrong? I think it...

Attachments [ 2 Answers ]

How do you include an attachment to your question? :mad:

Outlook Express attachments [ 2 Answers ]

When I receive photo attachments (jpg files) in Outlook Express the photo appears in the body of the message but the attachment is removed by OE with the message "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachements in your mail(then lists the attachment file names)" Is this a security...

View more questions Search