Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:52 PM
    The U.S. embargo is not lifted because the Cuban-American community mainly living in South Florida and New Jersey are opposed, and neither Republicans nor Democrats are willing to risk offending the Cuban vote. Cubans get any American product they want with American trading partners like: Canada, Spain, France, Venezuela, and a whole host of others…It is we who are hurt, not the Cubans.
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Feb 20, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx

There is actually a law passed in 1996, the Helms-Burton Act, that prohibits normalizing relations with Cuba in any transitional government that includes Raul or Fidel.
    Good info--didn't know that. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS tax implications after a bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I went through a bankruptcy this past year, lost my job and had loans out on my 401k, can I be taxed on the loans that I defaulted on to my 401k?

What are the US tax implications of an L1 visa? [ 2 Answers ]

My company is applying for an L1 visa for me (the first time my company has done this) so that I can come and go to the US intermetently for the next 2 years to work on a project. I will continue to be resident outside the USA and all of my remuneration will be outside the USA. Do I continue...

Renting tax implications? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to determine the feasibility of renting the house I own, given the tax/mortgage implications. Any help here would be appreciated! -I live in the state of MA. I believe I would have to pay tax on my rental income, could someone provide more details on that? e.g. my current monthly...

View more questions Search