Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 04:52 AM
    Simple Wills
    I am looking for any websites for legal will downloads and that can help you with the process.

I just needed to know for a simple will, once I have filled out the form, what is the next step.

Thanks in advance.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 04:55 AM
    Hello r:

You need an attorney.

excon

PS> I know a lot about the law. I know how to work my way through the legal system. And even I hired a lawyer to write and record my simple will. It's going to cost me about $200. But, I KNOW that my stuff is going where I want it to go.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhouse30
    I am looking for any websites for legal will downloads and that can help you with the process.

I just needed to know for a simple will, once I have filled out the form, what is the next step.

Thanks in advance.

Not looking for business for Attorneys but Wills are far too tricky to download forms and fill in the blanks. Everyone has different circumstances and different concerns and I've seen do it yourself Wills set aside by the Court. You have to make sure you have dotted your "i"s and crossed your "t"s.

I recently came across a Will contest in which legal wording in NYS is NOT sufficient in Florida - and the person had property and, in fact, died in Florida so now there is a question about the legality of that provision. Seems simple - it was executed in NYS, it will be probated in NYS, NYS law will prevail - but it's not that simple.

Attorneys in my area advertise "simple Wills for $35," good Attorneys who are trying to build up a client base.

Also what is enforceable legal language in one State may not be in another -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Recorded wills [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find a recorded will?

Wills and Probate [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of Indiana if a husband and wife have a joint will and the husband dies, can the wife go back and change her part of the will?:(

Wills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Recently my grandma passed away. She had a will and she appointed an executor to carry out her last wishes. Due to family conflict the executor has decided to step back and allow an attorney to carry out the will. Now I know that all of the bank accounts have beneficiary desingation however...

Wills [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a limit of time for a family member to request to view a deceased family member s Will? Who would a person contact to see the will?

Wills [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering what the California law is about the following. After my mother died my ex sister in law at the day of the funeral approached my father to sign things over to her, I believe he did? Then re recently got married and the lady talked my father into signing things over to her. As...

View more questions Search