Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvhhen Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Feb 19, 2008, 04:46 AM
    Fake Marriage
    Hi all, Could you help me?
    Could you give me any advice from your heart?

1985 - 23 years ago.
    I fell in love for the first time, A true, passionate and intense love, but also a volatile relationship because her parents denied, blocked and storm raged. Why? Because I
    Was too poor. It lasted a year (underground), and then she gave up and broke up with me. Since then, I never ever believe anything about true love, ever again.

1990 - 5 years later.
    My g/f married to a rich and nice guy who loves her soooooo much. They have 2 kids.
    I too married to a decent and nice lady who loves me soooooo much. We have 3 kids.

2005 – 20 years later.
    It seemed everyone moves on.
    I created my top career life. I succussed and got rich. But I felt empty. I never stopped missing her.
    Then suddenly I met my her mum, I just gave her my phone number, not expecting anything.
    Then one week later, for the first time after 20 years, I heard her crying over the phone. Crying soooooo hard.
    Then we met first time after 20 years.
    Then we had our first honey month (day time only), and then second and third!
    Then we lost, didn’t know what to do next.
    Then she went back to her husband.
    Then I went back to my wife.

2008 - Today.
    Life changed forever since then. I couldn’t touch and sex with my wife since then.
    I want to leave the marriage.
    I want to leave not because I still love my g/f, but I woke up, I found myself still believe true love. I see my true-self. I see I have been lived in a fake marriage, the marriage not belongs to me, but someone else.

My wife suffered biggest heartbroken in her life after knowing my intent to divorce her. She now issued all processes to stop my leaving by using our kids, our parents, our history, our everything we built over 17 years marriage…everything she could use to stop me leaving.

I don’t know what to do now. I found myself just don’t want to see my kids suffer, my dependent parents suffer, and most hurtful to see my wife suffer. They all need me to stay in the marriage to have their happy life, by scarifies mine.
    But in the mean time, my heart asked me louder and louder: stop lying, start living!

The most important truth I found myself after see my g/f after 20 years is not seeing her love, but seeing myself still can LOVE.

I just want to start loving again, no matter it would be my g/f or someone else. I just want to love again. I just want to be free. Freedom! But the price is tooooo high! So high, so high when I see I am destorying the so good life of my kids, my parents and my wife…

I lost, trapped, depressed and close to dead now.
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 19, 2008, 05:02 AM
    I really feel for you you should do what is right for you do not feel guilty for other people follow your heart and I hope you find true happiness
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 05:11 AM
    Whoa, I hurt just reading your words. Love is honesty. If others are going (choose) to feel pain, let it be, because you have been honest with them, and yourself.

I'm sure there will be other posters who disagree, strongly with me. Follow your heart wherever it may lead. If you have been honest, not only will you be free, but everyone who's life you touch will benefit from your honesty. They are you.

My declaration does not fit with a society that honors past events to the exclusion of the present moment. The moment you are in, now, is the only time there is. Live, honestly, now.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 05:50 AM
    Hello d:

You made your bed - now sleep in it. There are no escape clauses in commitment. Your children didn't bargain for a quitter father. Your wife didn't bargain for weak kneed husband who said he'd be there forever, but was lying through his teeth.

Stick to your agreements.

excon
    nicki143 Posts: 187, Reputation: 22

Feb 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello d:

You made your bed - now sleep in it. There are no escape clauses in commitment. Your children didn't bargain for a quitter father. Your wife didn't bargain for weak kneed husband who said he'd be there forever, but was lying through his teeth.

Stick to your agreements.

excon
    And he should live a life of misery I think not he should follow his heart and he is not deserting his children
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Your "decent and nice lady" who is the mother of your three children deserves more from you. Find a professional third person--a holy man, a counselor--who will listen to your story and guide you as you look for true love. That "decent and nice lady" you live with might just be your best opportunity to experience emotional fulfillment.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 07:33 PM
    excon, you make your bed, why is your life of crime over?

450donn, the thing you meant to say was lie in it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 08:42 PM
    First you wife deserves a lot better person than you, first you did not need or should have been meeting with the old girl friend in trying to establish a new relastinship, you and her were not free to do that.

You should try and go to a marriage couselor and find the love you are suppose to have for your wife.

In all for the pain you are causing her, don't deserve any happiness since you are wanting her to ruin her fmaily life for you. And most likely she will not,

So you will end up a sad loney old man, latter wishing you had stayyed with your wife.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 08:48 PM
    You only get one shot at this life and it isn't even a very long shot. We all make mistakes, but should we have to pay for them for the rest of our lives. Follow your heart, the rest will follow. Good luck.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 08:55 PM
    You sure seem to be letting your mind cause a lot of problems for yourself and others. Get a slap in the face and wake up... If as you said, you can still love... then you need to find ways to learn to love the wife. If it has been fake, then quit the b.s. and open your heart to the potential that is already there... with the woman who you've been faking it with all this time. You can feel the same things with her as anything you can only imagine with someone else.
    Dana2007 Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Feb 19, 2008, 09:16 PM
    You are living in a fantacy world about a past relationship. If you would have married her maybe it would have been a marriage in hell. You need to be grateful for the person you are married to. Be happy you have a wonderful wife. Quit wasting time and energy on a fantacy and devote it to your wife. You are missing out on love because you're stuck in the past.
    dvhhen Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Feb 20, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Hi all,

I would like thanks very much for all your inputs. I really appreciate that!
    Although it’s evenly divided by two groups of you: Agree and don’t agree to divorce, I regard each of your opinion or advice as the view for my best interest from your heart.

I thank each of you again!

I think I did make my bed and lied in it for 17 years.
    I don’t regret that. Instead, I feel I am lucky to have that as part of my life.

When I look at my wife’s sad face today, I ask myself: how would I feel if I were her? What would I do? Stop him or let him go? To be honest, I can’t answer it surely.
    But I do know though, that I should feel luckier. Because at least, I had lived (not lied) for 17 years.

Surely there are no escape clauses in commitment.
    But there is one ending clause in commitment – dead.
    So I asked my wife: which you would prefer if I divorced or I dead?

She didn’t answer that. She stunned.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dvhhen
    But there is one ending clause in commitment – dead.
    So I asked my wife: which you would prefer if I divorced or I dead? She didn't answer that. She stunned.
    Hello again, dvhhen:

I changed my mind. You should leave this poor girl. Maybe she can find someone who ain't nuts.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Wow. If my ex has asked me that - if I preferred him divorced or dead, it would have been a tough call back then. At least dead, one gets the life insurance. Divorced and you get to start all over with nothing. Hmmm...

Seriously - if your religion allows a divorce, then seek whoever it is who can guide you through this. You say your wife has a sad face. Well, yes, she does. She has to put with you! You are miserable and make everyone else's life equally as miserable. Not worth it, is it?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Of course she's sad, she knows that you don't love her anymore, but she still loves you. She may want to keep you but I think that she would be better of divorcing you and moving on with her life. You are miserable and you're not hiding it. I'm sure that your kids feel it too. It's time to fish or cut bait, either stay and make it work or leave, you're not doing her or yourself any favors by not deciding.
    Dana2007 Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Feb 20, 2008, 10:40 AM
    When my mother would complain about her sons' wive's, I used to tell her "be glad somone is willing to put up with them." And then I would describe her sons' flaws. She quit complaining about the daughter-in-laws after that.

Be glad someone was willing to put up with you for 17 years. Hope you find someone else who will do the same. There is more to marriage than love. Be glad for your wife who gave you children. Be glad to your wife that she gave you companionship for 17 years.

I have not heard you say that your wife has made life hell for you. Maybe you have had it too easy. Maybe you're spoiled to boredom.
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 20, 2008, 01:08 PM
    How poetically and sweetly you wrote your post, how you seem to fool half people in here.
    U are an adulterer. You should leave your wife, she will then be free to be loved by a proper man.then you can live in your new bachelor bedsit.while they live happily in your ex marital home. With meals for one. A nice sharp dose of reality would be good for u. u will prob be taken for a ride by a young floozy. Meanwhile your kids will have grandkids, who most prob will have a new grandad. And you will be phased out rightly so.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 20, 2008, 01:24 PM
    The best thing for you right now would be to get some individual counseling. You need to take a step back and consider what you feel is right to do. Personally, I believe in honoring the commitment of marriage, but if you seriously feel that you would rather be deal than married, maybe it is time for you to call it quits. Like I said, I think a professional counselor could help you a lot right now.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Well you don't get to stay with them to "save them" from pain and then complain about how you are hurting yourself.

Grow a pair, no matter what you do. Stay. Go. Do whatever...

But stop threatening her with divorce or death. Really?? Suck it up and stop being a pansy about this. And I really meant p***y.

That said... you've been sticking it out, sort of.. trying to make your marriage be enough. I usually say one needs to fight the fight, do the dirty work to make a marriage last. Your word is your word. You've stayed, though id say you really aren't in the marriage. It happens. I don't think you are a bad person, but I think you're making some dumb choices, or failing to make some important ones.

You want it all tied up nicely... all clean and sanitary, and it isn't going to happen. Someone is going to be stepping in crap. There's just no way around it.

You can be a good father without your wife. Not easy, but you can.

You can be a good person who made mistakes... or be a good person who changes his thinking. It happens.

But what you can't do is play the victim here.

Either get all in or all out. Your wife deserves a loving partner who is engaged and vested in her... not just by hanging around, but by being the mate she deserves and wants. If that's not you, get the hell out of her way.

I know you didn't plan this. That's fine. I know you don't want to be in this position. That's fine. But you are here.

Step one is marriage counseling. If that doesn't work, step two is probably leave... or stay... but stop being a victim either way.

Nobodys life is perfect. I have a great marriage with a great woman, but some days its hard as hell to not walk out the door. It happens. What I'm not going to do is play the part of the victim.

Time for you to do something. Stay. Go. Get help. Refuse help. Do something. Own your actions.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 01:56 PM
    You had two bites of the apple, and it didn't work, but your still a cheater. If you had put as much energy to being a good faithful husband, as you did being a cheater, you wouldn't be tearing up everyone's life. Following your heart, led you down a very dark path, and now you want to take the easy way out. Get off the pity pot, and be glad for what you have built. Funny how everything was moving along, until you made a deal with the devil, and got burn't, again. Get help you sick freak, and stop wallowing is your own self pity, at the expense of others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fake orgasims [ 10 Answers ]

I always fake it... I know its worng but it makes my husband happy/ proud and I know it "hurts" me I want to know how to start have MIND BLOWING SEX with out the disappointing time laps of having to go off "faking it". Basically I want to have as much fun as my husband.

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Fake id [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I was wondering what happens if you get caught with a Fake ID in Vegas. I was wondering that when I went this weekend. A lot of people looked so young. :cool: I'm 19 and I was wondering. I'm not planning on getting one but am very curious of the penalties. :rolleyes: I know I know I...

Fake tan [ 1 Answers ]

How can I make my fake tan go darker, I usually use a the joinsons holiday sun, then put fake tan over it, but it doesn't ever seem to go that dark? X

View more questions Search