Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kildarebabe Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 03:11 AM
    I'm losing my mind.
    Hi,
    I've posted questions before relating to the same problem but I would like to know your opinions as things have changed abit.

I have bn with my boyfriend for 16 months and we love each other. I live with my mother and 3 siblings in a three bed house. As I moved out before I don't have a bed at home and sleep on the couch. My boyfriend lives with his mother. I really need to move out as I am becoming very depressed and annoyed with my living arrangements. I have tried before to get my boyfriend to move in with me but to not avail. I tried again thinking that maybe he might change his mind.well it all blew up in my face. We had a big row and we didn't talk for three days I eventually made first contact and arranged to go to his house and talk. I told him how it felt like there was 3 of us in d relationship as he always includes his mother when making decisions about us and how I want us to live together before we build a house this summer. He said he couldn't move in that he won't leave his mother alone but that if I get a place he will help me pay rent and come over and see me whenever he can. I love him but I'm slowly losing my mind... most nights I cry myself to sleep. Feels like I can't talk to my boyfriend. Even when I try and discuss our future he won't says he is too young to be thinking about marriage and kids.

Any ideas?
    plumberman Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 03:15 AM
    How old are you two? If he thinks he is to young then pushing him is the wrong idea... If he will not move in with you what makes you think he is going to "build a house this summer"

Feb 19, 2008, 03:26 AM
    I am 24 an he is 29... he is the one that wants us to build a house this year as he has planning permission to build... I have said that I would like to live with in so that we know what its like to live in the same house 24/7...
    plumberman Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2008, 03:29 AM
    You might want to try and stand on your own two feet before you decide to live with this guy... just because he says he plans to build does not mean he has plans for you in the picture... Dont jump the gun or you may regret it... be your own person before you rely on someone else to help you...

Feb 19, 2008, 03:35 AM
    I'm not depending on him but he has asked me to help build this house as he wants me to liv ein it but I don't want to invest money into it and have it blow up in my face. Living with him will help us see if we are compatible
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 19, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Is there any way u could move in with him and his mother? Is that an option. My husband is very close to his mother, she can be overbearing, but if she was alone, I would have her move in with us in a heartbeat.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 12:36 PM
    I think that you should find a place on your own for a while. He's obviously not ready to have you as a permanent roommate, he's made that very clear. If you keep pushing the subject you might just chase him away. If it's meant to be it will happen, just be patient.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 04:00 PM
    He has told you no. Take that for what its worth. I think your more in love, than he is, and what makes you think if he builds a house, his mother won't be there also? Come on all those red flags, and you keep ignoring them, not good for you.

Feb 20, 2008, 02:30 AM
    I know... its totally driving me crazy...
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 20, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kildarebabe
    i know... its totally driving me crazy...

Because you are allowing it to drive you crazy, for your own sanity listen to exactly what he tells you and don't try too hard, Despite the fact that he is telling you he is not ready you are still pushing the issue, you may push him away... invest in your own place, that way if things don't work out you are not stuck in a relationship with your boyfriend and his mother... Trust me... I am with a momma's boy... It is not easy, If a man really wants you, there is nothing that will keep him away I mean nothing, he will make time for you and his family.. He is not ready to cut the umbilical cord from momma while you are pulling you may suffocate him, and he will eventually not want to be with you... be independent. Invest in your own future... He is just not ready and if perhaps you are and you think you deserve someone who will give you what you need, then let him go.. Otherwise if you are willing to accept this behavior than you really can't complain.. It doesn't make any difference whether what you face is something that affects your work, your personal relationships, your sense of security, your appraisal of self-worth, or your appearance - the way you think about your situation largely determines that... I think you are putting too much pressure and you need to just relax don't cry yourself to sleep go out and do something constructive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is someone trying to tell me something or am I losing my mind? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so I have recently been having this strong feeling that someone is around me, almost as if I need to know something. I have always been very opened minded about all situations and I believe everyone is entitled to their oppionion about such things as this. I guess what I'm trying to say is I...

Is someone trying to tell me something or am I losing my mind? [ 20 Answers ]

Ok so I have recently been having this strong feeling that someone is around me, almost as if I need to know something. I have always been very opened minded about all situations and I believe everyone is entitled to their oppionion about such things as this. I guess what I'm trying to say is I...

Losing my Mind. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, A few months ago, I began talking to someone on the internet whom I kind of knew in high school. As it turns out, this girl is also one of my sisters best friends. So at first, I didn't really think about the prospect of dating her for that reason. Another reason I neglected the idea of a...

3 weeks NC.losing my mind. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there... I posted a few days ago about how to handle NC with my ex regarding a home we own together. Well today I'm writing because I miss the hell out of her and I feel so lonely. My story: We've been together 8yrs and she just was never sure if I was the "one". We had problems just like...

View more questions Search