Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    95HondaCivicDX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2006, 01:29 PM
    95 Civic Radiator Fan Won't Spin
    Okay so here's the deal,
    I noticed about a week ago that while idleing the temperature gauge would start to sky rocket, but quickly cool down once I got going again. After adding some water to the radiator, I noticed that my radiator fan was not blowing while my car was idleing. I checked out the fan by hooking it up directly to the battery contacts and it seems to run just fine. So my question is what component is broken/not working properly as to cause my fan not to spin. I heard that it might be a "radiator fan clutch" or possibly have something to do with the thermostat. I am by no means a mechanic, but was hoping it could be a cheap do it yourself project. Any suggestions?
    chentu84 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 10:04 PM

Coolant temperature sensor is probably bad. Not a good idea to just put water in. 50/50 antifreeze is probably better. Check relays underhood and fuses too. Also the fuses under driver side. Could probably find a coolant temp sensor at auto parts store for $30 $40
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2010, 05:31 AM

This link should help you troubleshoot the radiator fan issue:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1642158

For the overheating issue, this link will help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973

Only refill with a 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and distilled water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool washer won't agitate or spin [ 6 Answers ]

This machine is probably about 10 years old. It is a direct drive. The washer will fill and drain but when it tries to agitate or spin I hear a grinding and clicking sound coming from the bottom of the washer. I cannot turn the agitator by hand. Would this be a problem with the motor, or...

95 civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently rebuilt the engine in my 95 civic... about a week later the radiator blew and I replaced that... now about 2 weeks later my car suddenly won't start... one day I leave the gym after working out and it won't start... I first thought the gas gauge was wrong so I just put in some gas...

94 civic started now won't... [ 2 Answers ]

Here's a good one... I just replaced head gasket on a 94 civic.. completed job.. jumped in car started her up ran nice real quiet started up on second try.. with car running I got out to look at the engine... noticed oil leaking from under valve cover.. nice... turned off car noticed vavle cover...

View more questions Search