Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ferg0007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Replacing Weathertron thermostat to a Honeywell RTH3100C
    :confused: I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual.
    I have the following wires on the Weathertron:

R-red
    T-brown
    O-orange
    G-green
    Y-yellow
    X2-black
    B-blue
    W-white

I'm not sure where the T wire should go.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg0007
    :confused: I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual.
    I have the following wires on the Weathertron:

R-red
    T-brown
    O-orange
    G-green
    Y-yellow
    X2-black
    B-blue
    W-white

I'm not sure where the T wire should go.

Here you go
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 06:57 PM
    You will not use the brown wire, tape it off and stick it in the wall. This "T" connection is only used on the older Trane or GE heat pumps for the outdoor anticipator with the weathertron thermostats. Mike
    booger3518 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 05:58 AM
    Ok I am trying to go from a trane weathertron baystat 240 to a honeywell RTH3100c. Baystat wiring was Red-r,Tan-t Orange-o, Green-g,Yellow-y,White-X2jumped to w,Blue-b. I wired the honeywell Green-g, Yellow-y, Orange-o,Red-r,Blue-b,White-ejumped to aux, taped tan off. Powered up system cooling flashed 5min. Then air came on just sounded queiter than normal. However it did cool off and turn off in auto. Did I wire everything correctly?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell [ 7 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual. I have the following wires on the Weathertron: R-red T-brown O-orange...

Replacing A Weathertron to a Honeywell [ 1 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual. I have the following wires on the Weathertron: R-red T-brown O-orange...

Replacing Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell RTH8500 [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone confirm that I am wiring my new Honeywell RTH8500 thermostat the right way. I am replacing a Weathertron Baystat240. RTH Connection Label Wire Color RC Jumper R (R)Red O/B ...

Replacing Trane Baystat240 with Honeywell RTH3100c [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently acquired a residence that had a much older HA/C unit. The thermostat is a TRANE Baystat240 (3AAT80B1A1). Up till now it worked well. Recently both the heat and air were blowing at the same time. Go figure! LOL. I have recently attempted to replace the thermostat with a Honeywell...

Replacing old heat pump thermostat with Honeywell RTH3100C [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem heat pump with auxiliary and emergency heat. My current thermostat is a Seco TA-2000 with the following wiring configuration: B W2 X R G and a piece of wire connected between E and W2. There's also an orange wire that's not connected to the thermostat. The Honeywell manual does not...

View more questions Search