Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JerseyGuy Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Strange situation
    Ok well I've been out with this girl twice now, the first time on valentines day and the second time the day after (I did because she asked if I wanted to so it's not like I forced her to). Well I thought things were going great between us, good conversation, she kept laughing at pretty much everything I said, no awkward moments. It was like this both days we saw each other. Then like two days later she's saying like she has a problem with when she starts to get close with someone and starts to like them she does whatever she can to prevent it from getting into anything more serious. So basically she's like telling me it weirded her out to get close with someone I think?

So my question is should I just forget about her?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Sounds like an excuse to me. She might have enjoyed hanging out with you as a friend but doesn't want anything other than friendship. Maybe this is her way of scaring you off so that you won't want a relationship with her and she doesn't have to tell you how she really feels. Just my interpretation, my opinion, not fact.
    eruditemargaret9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2008, 05:39 PM
    It could be an excuse but maybe she really is hesitant because she is afraid of getting hurt. Most likely the last person did that to her so she is being extra careful. I HATE people like that because it's really hard to connect with them since I am the exact opposite. But just be sure that it has nothing to do with YOU...
    chelseata Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
    First off, stop typing like so much except when you are actually in fact saying she "likes" you.

Second, I'm the same way. I push a guy away at first. If he sticks around I know he's really and truly into me. I tend to sabotage and look for things to go wrong so he'll just break up with me.

But on the other hand, it could be an excuse. Either that, or she really does like you. You got to give her three chances. Three strikes and she's out. You can try phone calls and trying to take her out again. If she rejects the idea 3 times, she doesn't like you and move on.

Like.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 06:07 PM
    You have gone out with her twice. Whether she means what she says or not, the main point of what she is saying is, "I don't think this is going to work"
    Move on.

Feb 18, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chelseata
    first off, stop typing like so much except when you are actually in fact saying she "likes" you.

second, i'm the same way. i push a guy away at first. if he sticks around i know he's really and truly into me. i tend to sabotage and look for things to go wrong so he'll just break up with me.

but on the other hand, it could be an excuse. either that, or she really does like you. you gotta give her three chances. three strikes and she's out. you can try phone calls and trying to take her out again. if she rejects the idea 3 times, she doesn't like you and move on.

like.

Ha didn't realize that I was saying like so much until I read it over again. Hm well the weird thing is before she told me she pushes people away I asked her if she wanted to do something later this week and she said yeah sure and gave me days she could hang out. The reason she said she doesn't let things get serious is that there is someone who keeps telling her that he loves her and it gets her confused(even though they never met in person but they talked a lot), causing her to break up with whoever she's with. So I guess that's probably the main reason or maybe she just doesn't like me?
    friiendz_r_4eva Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Feb 18, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Yes. She is not worth your time, especially if you've both been out twice in two days. There are better people out there who you can stay with longer and who doesn't try and get to 'serious' with others they meet. >>>>> Maybe she's saying that it's over between you both without actually saying so? <<<<< That's just my question
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 09:32 PM
    Something about a mysterious person who is sending her those "love" messages that get her all confused... why would she worry about some guy she's never met in person... just seems a little odd if she's willing to let that interfere with getting to know you... She might need some time to mature as well as some advice about internet romance... etc... especially safety and fantasy worlds... or it might just be an excuse to keep some distance between you??
    love_pup_321 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGuy
    Ok well I've been out with this girl twice now, the first time on valentines day and the second time the day after (I did because she asked if i wanted to so it's not like i forced her to). Well I thought things were going great between us, good conversation, she kept laughing at pretty much everything I said, no awkward moments. It was like this both days we saw each other. Then like two days later she's saying like she has a problem with when she starts to get close with someone and starts to like them she does whatever she can to prevent it from getting into anything more serious. So basically she's like telling me it weirded her out to get close with someone i think?

So my question is should i just forget about her?
    She could have had a problem when she was younger that made her not want to get close to the opposite sex and she is pushing you away so she won't get hurt/ I know from experience. I started going out with the guy freshmen year and when we got to close I broke up with him over something stupid or I would start a fight just so we would break up he was persistent but not pushy or demanding he tried to make it up to me and we would start going back out after being close friends for a while 8 1/2 yrs later we are married still in love and have children. I sugest yo you try to understand her and if she wants to be friends in order to get comfortable with you do it, she might just have a comfort problem. Good luck

Feb 19, 2008, 08:21 PM
    All right thanks for the help everyone, I have a better idea on things now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What can I Do In My Situation? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay well I'm 15, turning 16 in July. And I have been living with my aunt for the past few months. I do not live with either my mother or my father. Me and my mom do not get along in no kind of means. She is an alcoholic and when she gets drunk she takes it ALL out on me, saying I am the reason of...

How do I go about this situation [ 2 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I have been together for 2 years. In November last year we broke up and we both saw different people. We got back together in march this year. This girl he went out with has now got a 2 month old baby girl. She doesn't know if the baby is my fiancés or her ex boyfriends. Everyone...

Very different situation [ 40 Answers ]

All right, so here's the full story. Me and my girlfriend have been together for just about 9 months. Would have been 9 on the 25th of September (started going out last Christmas) Saturday night, she called me up and said that since we couldn't be together that night that she was going to hang...

My Situation... [ 18 Answers ]

I had been dating this girl for about 15 months. We seem to have been perfect for each other. We almost never got into arguments and when we did, it was over within an hour. Everything was just going perfectly, we considered marriage in the future (after college in like two years) and both had...

Strange Situation, advice please! [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry this is so lengthy. I leased a business, when the lease ran out we were finacially unable to renew. We owed an enormous amount of money at the time (around $60,000). One of the suppliers we owed told me not to pay the debt to them because the contract we'd signed placed the responsibility of...

View more questions Search