Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcampisiAZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Want to run a gas line from my water heater to new dryer
    I just bought a gas dryer for my new home and realized that there is NOT an existing gas hook-up in the laundry room. This room is off the garage and about 20 feet from my gas water heater. I was thinking of running a T off the line and running it to my dryer- and I have a couple of questions:
    1. Do I place that splitter before the valve to the water heater, immediately as it comes through the wall.
    2. What size and type of piping (flexible?) do I use for a standard dryer?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 10:16 AM
    I'd recommend that your use CSST Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) for Gas Distribution There will be a coupling just prior to the water heater valve so you can open the gas pipe at this point. You will need to remove a pice of pipe, shorten it and install a Tee. The coupling will be reused. Measure twice, cut once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I add a tankless heater to my dryer line? [ 2 Answers ]

A tankless water heater(54amp) requires 2- 30 amp breakers. My old water heater has 1 -30 amp breaker on 10/2 wire. I want to know if I could change my 30amp dryer breaker to a 60 amp and install a sub panel on it with 2 - 30 amp breakers? 1 going to the heater and 1 for the dryer. I think the wire...

Running a new gas line to a dryer [ 1 Answers ]

We are moving to a new home today. The previous owner did not have a gas line for their dryer. I am pretty sure I can run the line but want to be sure I am not overlooking anything and can learn key tips and warnings (safety and otherwise) before starting(e.g- choosing the diameter of the gas...

Kenmore Gas Dryer won't run [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old dryer that won't run. If I push the start button it runs until I let go. I also notice the gas heat will not start. I have checked the thermistor and thermal fuse as well as the high limit thermostat. Any ideas?

Gas water heater & gas dryer [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into an duplex and purchased a gas dryer in excellent condition from a local thrift store. My trouble is, I don't see anywhere to hook the gas line (from the dryer up). It looks like there is just an electrical outlet. Can someone help? Isn't there some kind of two prong gas line...

View more questions Search