Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Feb 18, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Breast pain, lower abdomin pain
    I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have a bra on they hurt even worse. They have been sore to the touch. Also, I have been experiencing some lower abdomen pain the last couple of days just off and on, it kind of feels like something is being torn apart on from my insides, its not miserable, just uncomfortable.

My question is how early can pregnancy signs show? Could these be pregnancy signs or something else?
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 18, 2008, 12:21 PM
    With my first pregnancy I couldn't tell for a while, but with the second I had that mild nausea, which I now recognized right away, within three days of conceiving.
    sophia1987 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Hi
    Well usaly 2 week after conceiving you can start to have pregnancy symptome I had the same thing with sore breats about two week after so good luck and take a pg test

Bye
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Feb 18, 2008, 08:14 PM
    I had sore, heavy breasts before any other symptom. I don't remember how early I experienced that, but I believe it was around the time my period was due. I didn't have any other symptoms until I was around 7-8 weeks, which is typical for a first time pregnancy.

Feb 19, 2008, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sophia1987
    hi
    well usaly 2 week after conceiving you can start to have pregnancy symptome i had the same thing with sore breats about two week after so good luck and take a pg test

bye
    Do you think it would show already, if I took a hpt?
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Feb 19, 2008, 12:54 PM
    When is your next period suppose to be? I would wait to take a hpt until you miss your period or at least until you are late. I took a hpt after I was one day late and it showed up positive but sometimes you have to wait longer before the results are accurate. Best of luck!

Feb 19, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bekah876
    When is your next period suppose to be? I would wait to take a hpt until you miss your period or at least until you are late. I took a hpt after I was one day late and it showed up positive but sometimes you have to wait longer before the results are accurate. Best of luck!
    My period is supposed to be on the 23rd, so I think I might wait and see.. I just get so anxious! Thanks though!
    catherineandlanden Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Well ihpe that you are and I showed signe when I was2 weeks pregnant

Feb 20, 2008, 08:52 AM
    My breasts began to feel sore when I was pregnant before my missed period but that was the only symptom I had early. I would wait until you miss that period before testing. I hope all turns out well!

Feb 20, 2008, 09:13 AM
    OK.. I could not wait anymore, which may have been a bad thing but I took a test this morning and it was negative... I don't know if it is to early or I am really not pregnant :(

Feb 20, 2008, 10:30 AM
    It may have been too early. You said your expected period isn't due until the 23rd. I know how difficult it is to wait, but you can do it! I didn't get a positive until I was 10 days late. If you are pregnant, you just have to wait until the pregnancy hormone is strong enough to be detected. Otherwise you will just keep getting false positives, which in turn gives you that feeling of hopelessness. Don't get yourself down if you don't have to. Wait it out. We can all have a chat to keep you occupied until then!

Feb 20, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by automansgirl
    It may have been too early. You said your expected period isn't due until the 23rd. I know how difficult it is to wait, but you can do it! I didn't get a positive until I was 10 days late. If you are pregnant, you just have to wait until the pregnancy hormone is strong enough to be detected. Otherwise you will just keep getting false positives, which in turn gives you that feeling of hopelessness. Don't get yourself down if you don't have to. Wait it out. We can all have a chat to keep you occupied until then!
    You hit the nail on the head! I feel sooooo hopeless, when we bought the test I told my husband, I am sure it is going to be negative, in a sarcastic tone of course. But yes, it was indeed negative. Even if I am not pregnant, it is OK. Will I be sad, depressed, hopeless, etc. etc, yes, but I am a strong believer that God does things for a reason, so hopefully I am, but if I am not, it will be OK in the long run. Did you have to take more than one test to finally get a positive? Thanks for the encouragement!

Feb 21, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Even if you are pregnant your body might not have enough hcg to be detected on a hpt at this point in time escpecially since you have not yet missed your period. Wait and see if you miss your period before taking another hpt. For some women it takes time for the hcg to build up before a pregnancy test can detect it. Be patient even though that is the hardest thing in the world to do right now.

Feb 21, 2008, 12:15 PM
    I took a test at 5, 7, 9, and 10 days late. I didn't get the positive until day ten. It was with an Early Response test, too. I went to my doc's office later that day and after about 8 minutes they finally got a very very faint positive. I really hope this is the month for you. I know how hard it is to want something so bad, but feel like it will never come. I too agree that everything happens for a reason. I know the wait seems like forever, but just wait until you finally get that positive! Next it will be hard to wait for everything. You will be anxious to see him/her, then to hear the heartbeat, wondering whether everything is okay until you can feel him/her move, waiting to find out if it's a boy/girl, waiting for every little kick, then you just can't wait to have him/her out of you an into the world! It is all so much. It is amazing. Try looking forward to something that is planned farther out than a missed period. Get yourself really excited about it... even if it's just a planned dinner out with your husband... and with any luck that will make the wait a little less trying. Please make sure to keep us posted. Even if this isn't the right time, I'm sure it will happen.

Feb 21, 2008, 07:56 PM
    I started my period this morning :(... (sad day), but I am wondering why it is sooooooo heavy and bright bight bright red. I can usually last a whole day without changing a pad.. [i know that's a lot of information, sorry] and that's a heavy day of my normal period, and this is just the first day, and I have had to change it 4 times today!

But its funny, automansgirl, I planned dinner for me and my hubby today, which made the day a little bit easier for me because I am sure you know how it is, start your period and you think your world is going to end. Thanks for the encouragement, though, I am definantly going to need it.

Feb 21, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bekah876
    Even if you are pregnant your body might not have enough hcg to be detected on a hpt at this point in time escpecially since you have not yet missed your period. Wait and see if you miss your period before taking another hpt. For some women it takes time for the hcg to build up before a pregnancy test can detect it. Be patient even though that is the hardest thing in the world to do right now.
    I am trying to be patient, read my other post though. I started this morning :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

New here.questions about breast pain, breast lumps [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! My name is Christy. I am 25 years old. I had my beautiful daughter 15 months ago... that was when I first discovered something was wrong. :confused: When my daughter was 6 weeks old, I felt a lump in my right breast. I thought for sure it was a clogged milk duct. I went in for my 6...

Sharp pain in lower right abdomin [ 4 Answers ]

Im almost 19 and for the past, I don't know, week/ week and a half, I have been feeling this sharp pain in my lower right abdomin. I am not on my menstrual cycle or anything like that, and besides, I don't get "cramps" like these even when I am on it or about to be on it It comes and goes, but...

Back and abdomin pain at night? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 24 year old female with history of a rotated vertebra in my mid to lower back. It causes my lowest left rib to feel uncomfortable at times. For example when I lay on my right side it feels as though my left mid section is sagging, however it has not caused me any pain. More recently I have...

View more questions Search