Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyman63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Passport and visa
    How much does it cost for a citizen of ghana to purchace a passport and visa to the united states?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 06:24 PM
    The passport is 20 dollars and a 80 dollar processing fee.
    The VISA is from the US government, the price is going up to little over 131 dollars very soon.

Read all for the warnings from the US embassy in Ghana
    US Diplomatic Mission to Ghana

The VISA fee is just changing to a little over 300 dollars

CONSULAR SERVICES FEES TO CHANGE WORLDWIDE

Effective January 1, 2008, the worldwide application fee for a U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa will increase from USD $100 to USD $131 (or Ghanaian Cedi equivalent). The worldwide application fee for a U.S. Immigrant Visa will also increase, from $335 to $355. These fee increases, which are being applied throughout the world, reflect the rising costs of processing visa applications, including the cost of enhanced biometric security features, information technology systems, and inflation.

Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants
    Nonimmigrant Visa applicants who paid the prior $100 application fee before January 1, 2008, will not be required to pay additional fees if they appear for a visa interview before January 31, 2008. Applicants who paid the prior $100 fee and appear for visa interviews after January 31, 2008, must pay the difference of $31 before their interview. Applicants should pay at Standard Chartered Bank and obtain a new receipt before appearing for their interview. All applicants paying after January 1, 2008, regardless of their interview date, must pay the full $131 fee.

Immigrant Visa Applicants
    All immigrant visa applicants who paid the prior $335 application fee before January 1, 2008, will be processed without further payment, regardless of their interview date. All applicants paying their fee on or after January 1, 2008, must pay the new $355 fee, regardless of their interview date. Most applicants pay their fees through the Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC) in the United States. Fee bills sent by NVC will reflect the change effective January 1, 2008. Applicants who make their payment after this date will be required to pay $355 even if their original bill displays the previous fee. This fee increase will also effect Diversity Visa applicants, who pay the immigrant visa application process fee at the time of their interview.

This is the government web site for Ghana
    Ghana Embassy, Washington, DC - USA

Ghana Emabassy, Washington DC

Also if you sent them more than 100 dollars for the passport, that was a lie also
    Passport info
    Ghana Emabassy, Washington DC

The "dating" thing from ghana is the largest and most well known fraud going on today.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 11:22 PM
    As said above, girls you meet online asking you to buy them visas and passports to come visit is actually a very common scam.

A visa and passport altogether should not cost more than $140.00 and don't believe any lies about them having to bribe people or have a certain amount of money in cash before they are allowed to get on the plane.

Read the post in the visas and passports section, right at the top of the list and pm me if you want more information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GHANA passport and visa [ 14 Answers ]

Does anybody have answer on following questions: - If a Ghananian applies at Ghananian authorities for international passport, how much does that cost? - If a Ghananian applies at German embassy for tourist or aupair visa, how much does that cost? Thank you very much for helping me Best from...

Ghana passport and visa [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in ghana and wants to move here to england to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa?how much do they cost?

Passport and visa to you.S.A from Ghanan [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancée lives in Ghanan and wishes to come to the United State to be married to me. How much is the passport if she purchases it in Ghanan and I prepare the K-1 visa document here in the United States>

Do I need a visa or passport? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a % disabled veteran (with a retired/disabled military card). Do I need a visa or passport to go oversees? Also, what is the difference between the two?

Passport and visa [ 1 Answers ]

My girl friend lives in Ghana and want to move here to Canada to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa and how much do they cost,thanks thibeaub

View more questions Search