Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danzguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 05:57 PM
    How to replace light bulb, 1993 Camry
    I feel silly asking this but I don't want to break anything trying to figure it out: I need to replace the driver side front running light on my 1993 Camry (the lens is yellow). There is one screw and when I remove it I'm no closer to getting to the bulb than before. I've replaced other things on the car (both front window regulators and the master switch) and know the Japanese are very clever with fasteners. This should be a simple task but, like I said, I don't want to break anything. Can anyone help? Thanks, in advance...
    Danzguy
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzguy
    I feel silly asking this but I don't want to break anything trying to figure it out: I need to replace the driver side front running light on my 1993 Camry (the lens is yellow). There is one screw and when I remove it I'm no closer to getting to the bulb than before. I've replaced other things on the car (both front window regulators and the master switch) and know the Japanese are very clever with fasteners. This should be a simple task but, like I said, I don't want to break anything. Can anyone help? Thanks, in advance....
    Danzguy
    Tricky stuff here... once that single screw is out, the lamp housing needs to be moved forward to release it from the fender. Getting it to move is the issue!
    Use a flat tipped tool that won't mar the paint, but slide the tool in at the rear of the lamp. Apply leverage forward while you jiggle the lamp appropriately enough to get that pesky thing out! Hehe
    Remember, you're working with an older beast and things that haven't moved in a while will resist moving now! :rolleyes:
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 10:58 PM
    I think the poster is referring to the turn signal/parking lamp assy (amber). The one in the bumper?? Am I correct? That's just 1 screw and it falls out almost. Very little prying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 toyota camry won't start [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a 1993 camry le 4 cyc- I degreased the engine cause it was dirty and ever since then it won't start. I know the spark plugs had gotten wet , so I took a compresser blew all of them out then removed all the plugs and let it all dry out for two days even blew it out before I replaced...

Toyota Camry light bulb replacement [ 3 Answers ]

The light bulb has burnt out on the gear shift assembly. I have a 1998 Totoyta Camry. How do I get in to replace it. Thanks Pam

My 1993 toyota camry won't start? [ 3 Answers ]

My camry will not engage the starter? I coulnt find a starter relay, or maybe I just don't know what relay controls it. The car will start if I turn the key on an touch the small lead on the starter with a 12+ jumper. The battery cranks the car over just fine which makes me think it's a relay, but...

1993 V6 Toyota Camry won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought this car not running. It turns over fine, has fuel pressure if I jump B and FP at the diagnostic plug, has spark, has correct timing of cams and distributor, has voltage to the injectors, but I think it isn't getting the signal (pulsed ground) from the computer to tell the injectors...

View more questions Search