Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovedove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 03:32 PM
    AFFair with a married man
    Hi I am so lost in my thoughts on this topic. I have been with my boyfriend for 10 years, and we have bene distant for abou 6 rather than leave I started just having an affair with a married man 20 years older than me. Hes 45 and I'm 26. He has 3 kids and a great wife. He was happy guy when I met him he never seemed to have bad relationship with his wife, although he must have been missing something to have met me. He has 2 wonderful kids ages 17 and 12. He's very close to both of his kids. I have fallen head over heels in love with this man to the point that I want to leave my boyfriend and be with him. I have never met anyone like him who I feel like I need every single day. Its messing me up in my mind because I feel so bad for what I am doing, he's married with 2 kids and I feel like a home wrecker. Im guilty of falling in love with a married man. This affair has been going on for a year and a half. When I talked to him about us being together he says he loves me more than he loves his wife but that he wants to keep his family together for his kids sake. I know he's a good father and I understand how he feels but everyday that he goes home to his wife my heart sinks. I do love my boyfreind but we just aren't made to stay together and I was hoping this guy the love of my life would be with me. And to make matters more hard his wife is awesome. She takes great care of him and thei famly. Am I always going to be his young side fling?? Does anyone think he will actually ever leave her to be with me?? I can't even believe I'm posting how I feel but my mind needs input from people outside to get some insight. I apprecate any comments good or bad :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 03:39 PM
    If he hasn't left his wife for you in a year and a half, he isn't going to leave her.

And if he cheats on his wife with you and leaves her for you (and even if he doesn't), how soon will he cheat on you?

You are hurting yourself. End the affair and find a man who will love only you. You have too much to offer to stay in a dead-end relationship.
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 17, 2008, 03:45 PM
    O my god. I'm appalled at you. You are a vile sneaky person.
    Your poor partner, leave him let him have a life far away from u.
    Your lover will never leave his wife. She sounds like a lady.
    He is using you for cheap sex. A thrill. I bet he laughs himself to sleep at night thinking of you wasting your life.
    I don't care if I am harsh here.
    His sons will never accept u. theywill despise u, and you will make them hate their father if they ever find out your dirty secret.
    Think of the depression you will cause to all involved.
    U are a cheap woman, his wife is a lady. Your no competition. Your a homewrecker.
    Women like you should be taken out into the street, their heads shaved, so all other women know to shun you. And you should be flogged.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 03:56 PM
    While Katrina was rough on you, she is right about you in many ways. You are the side show, the one he does not come home to, the one he will never come home to. A man who used staying in the marriage for the sake of the kids is a schmuck, to say the very least. What a poor excuse for a man! To use his children as a smokescreen for his inability to make a decision and leave his marriage. But wait - don't over half of the cheaters say that? They stay because of the children? Gimme a break already! And you believe it. Shame on you too.

You have a boyfriend - at least be honest with him and tell him you are having a sexual relationship with a married man. He will do himself the best favor by leaving you.

Actually, you and your married lover do deserve each other. Neither one of you has the morals to be honest with your partners and stand on your own two feet in the relationship. You both hide behind other people. You both use your partner's trust to your advantage.

If you really want to know if you two will be together forever - tell him no more sex until you see the signatures on the divorce decree, certified by the clerk of court. Have some self respect.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedove
    Am I always going to be his young side fling??
    Yup.
    Does anyone think he will actually ever leave her to be with me??
    Nope.
    I can't even believe I'm posting how I feel but my mind needs input from people outside to get some insight. I apprecate any comments good or bad :)
    My advice: Leave both your married lover and your cuckolded boyfriend and live alone for at least a year, preferably two, and decide who you really are.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 05:12 PM
    No you will not always be his young side thing, at some point you will start getting older, maybe gain some weight and he will merely move on and find a new younger thing, That is how cheating goes, his wife gets the best, his side thing is merely the fun.

And of course your boyfriend deserves a lot more and better also.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 01:09 AM
    Here we go again. Yes you are the young thing on the side. Yes that's all you will ever be. Yes you fell for his line. Yes, you're an idiot. Yes, I hope the truth hurts, enough to make you change
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 01:56 AM
    They sound harsh. If it were legal, you could be second wife. ordinaryguy has the perfect idea. Quit confusing yourself, and messing with both of their hearts, and yours. Live alone, get to know yourself.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Here we go again. Yes you are the young thing on the side. Yes thats all you will ever be. Yes you fell for his line. Yes, your an idiot. Yes, I hope the truth hurts, enough to make you change
    Yes here we go again... I think its time we start working on a template that we can just paste into these " I'm with a married guy" posts.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2008, 07:18 AM
    We need two templates, one for questions like this one, and another for the ones that finally see the light, and truly like to change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I married a us citizen girl but she had affair with anerican guy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I married with us citizen girl , I came here on marriage base visa. I have green card for two years. But my wife live with one american guy and they have baby too. So after 6 moth my green card is expired so what should I hove to do to extend my green card.

Should I begin this affair with soul mate. We are married with children [ 33 Answers ]

I have not had an affair yet and have a soul mate that I did not marry when I was in college. We began dating in 1992 through 1994 then he went into the marine corp. We saw each other on and off until I became married. A year before my wedding I tried to contact him but could not get a hold of him....

Married and in an affair [ 14 Answers ]

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

View more questions Search