Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutielindz42145 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 01:34 PM
    How long does it take to walk 1.49 miles?
    How long does it take to walk 1.49 miles?I want to visit my step sister and she lives 1.49 miles away and I don't know if that is too far to walk. She has my dog that I haven't seen in a year, the reason I'm walking is because my mother is out of town and I cannot drive, the street is kind of busy but it seems like not many people are driving?
    Will I get tired if I walk that far
    How long does it take to walk 1.49 miles?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 02:32 PM
    It should take less than an hour.
    Probably at least 40 - 50 minutes since you aren't use to walking far.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 05:43 PM
    Depends on howyour stride is, there is averages, slow, medium, fast, but it all depends on your stride!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2008, 06:07 PM
    As stated, it depends on your stride and your pace.

Most people can average between 3-4 miles an hour without extensive work... for ex, I workout 3-4 times a week. 3 miles per hour (20 min mile) is easy... while 4 miles an hour (15 min mile) seems fast for me for walking, though I prefer faster spurts of running (6+ mph). My wife has longer legs, and is a runner... 4 miles an hour is a reasonable pace for her for walking while I have to work hard to make it be OK.

So... it comes down to your pace and stride and fitness. A 45 min mile is about 1.3 miles an hour... something that is really reasonable for most... and honestly, if you are in moderately OK health, I don't think 3 miles an hour pace (20 min) is unreasonable... and most can do closer to 3.4 + with some effort.
    rifsuzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 06:34 AM
    I do 3.5 miles in 1 hour. What is this per hour. I am 67 . Have a pace maker and a mitral valve replacement. My Dr. has given me the okay. My goal is o run a 5K again.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rifsuzy View Post
    I do 3.5 miles in 1 hour. What is this per hour. I am 67 . Have a pace maker and a mitral valve replacement. My Dr. has given me the okay. My goal is o run a 5K again.
    I know this is an old thread and this isn't the OPer's question. Revived and alive until not.

3.5 miles in 1 hour is the same as 3.5 miles per hour.. . so... yeah. You do 3.5 mph.

Zoom zoom.

... 3.5 mph is 5.6ish kph... and a 5K race is less than that at 3.1 miles... so you have already been running this race and then some...

You are essentially doing more than this race already by running 3.5 miles... expect to finish in a little over 50 minutes and under an hour if your body responds like it normally does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nautical miles [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I go on the net to find the nautical miles between caribbean and latin american cities?

Marlboro miles [ 2 Answers ]

I have a huge amount of Marlboro miles and I was wondering if there is anywhere that you can still purchase merchandise with them.

How long does it take 2 walk 1.49 miles [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take for an average teen to walk 1.49 miles?? :confused:

2/3 of 10 miles [ 5 Answers ]

José rode his trail bike for 10 miles. Two-thirds of the distance was over A mountain trail. How long is the mountain trail? All I need to know is what property to use Im so confused.

Hundreds of miles away [ 9 Answers ]

:( I moved to Ohio about 10 months ago. My ex husband has custody of our kids. I gave him custody because I couldn't take care of them when we divorced. Long story, I did not want to put them through being fought over, if you can understand that. My Question is though, I want to have them for some...

View more questions Search