Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtrent68 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 07:55 PM
    How soon can you refinance after escrow?
    To get a lower interest rate do you have to wait a certain period to refinance a home after escrow close? Or can you refinance right away?

I live in California.

Thanks
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 22, 2006, 08:13 PM
    You can refinance immediately. There is no waiting period. The new lender usually likes to see some sort of payment history on your current loan but you should still be able to refinance anyway, particularly if your credit is good.

Jan 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
    What the situation is, we have put an offer on a house and the seller is willing to carry 20%, but they would like us to refinance as soon as possible. I didn't know if we would have to wait a period or not.

I've checked all over the internet and can't find anything.

We do have a house of our own that is in escrow and the 8 years we have had that house we have never had a late payment. If we refinance with the same lender that has the loan our are old house they would look at that history?

Thanks
    Expert

Jan 22, 2006, 08:19 PM
    There's no waiting period. And a lender would look at any loan history. You don't even have to refinance with the same lender who's holding your current loan. You should be able to get a loan anywhere.

Jan 22, 2006, 08:22 PM
    Thanks so much for your information. That helped answer a lot of questions.
    Expert

Jan 22, 2006, 08:35 PM
    My pleasure! Good luck with the re-fi!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Refinance [ 1 Answers ]

Work's been tough the past year and I got behind on my mortgage as well as evey other bill. I HAVE ABOUT $35,000 WORTH OF EQUITY in my home. I was wanting to cash out $25,000.00 to catch up and finish a few projects around the house. Here's my problem. I've shopped around and since I've been...

View more questions Search