Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falk0069 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Hampton Bay Remote Won't Completely Turn Off Light
    Hi, I just purchased two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remotes (Transmitter/Receiver). Model: 191-707. I wired one up in my living room and the other in the kitchen. I was able to turn my lights on/off and my fan too. They worked great or so I thought. When it got dark out I noticed that with the lights off there was still a slight glow coming from the fluorescent light bulbs that I was using. This was happening in both rooms where I install this device. I put a volt meter up to the light socket and there was still 20 volts passing through. With the light on there was 121 vots.

Does anyone know why? Or have any thoeries? I find it hard to believe I purchased two faulty devices.

Thank you!

--Andy
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 09:13 PM
    Try it without the fluorescent bulbs. It is a dimmer, correct?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2006, 09:23 PM
    This isn't the Hampton Bay fan that's designed to take fluorescent bulbs, is it? You should never use fluorescent bulbs with a dimmer, including a ceiling fan remote control, unless it is specifically designed for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Hampton Bay Fan Light Remote Problems [ 8 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Redington II Pinnacle Fan with light kit. It was installed a few years ago, and the fan works fine, but the light has never worked with the remote. The store replaced the remote, but this one doesn't work either. We can turn the light on and off with the wall switch, but...

Hampton Bay remote doesn't turn on light [ 8 Answers ]

I am in need of assistance, if possible. I recently bought a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan from Home Depot. I installed the fan according to the instructions. With the wall switch turned "on", the fan light comes on and the fan begins spinning; however, the remote will operate the fan and all...

Hampton bay fan remote works the speed not light [ 3 Answers ]

I installed this fan OK... it was fine for 2.5 years now the remote only works the fan speed. It does not work the lights. I removed the fan and checked connections which are good.Luckily the fans lights are in the on position and POWER is through a wall switch,that controls the lights. But I wish...

View more questions Search