Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ron87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Am I too late to start?
    People who are just teenagers are apprehensive about taking to martial arts ?I am 20... should I?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Go for it! You have nothing to lose.
    TechEmperor Posts: 93, Reputation: 8

Feb 20, 2008, 10:26 AM
    I'm a black belt in Taekwondo, I started when I was 13. I'm now about to turn 28. I started Brazillian Jiu Jitsu about a year and a half ago after doing no martial arts for about 8 years. There are plenty of people in the class that started in their 20s, 30s, and even older. You're never too old to start a martial art, just make sure you know what you want out of the Martial Art.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 10:42 AM
    My Mother just tested for her Recommended Black Belt in Kenpo Karate last night.

She is going to be 55 this year.

She started four years ago...

Go for it, hon!!
    tolongapong Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Jul 4, 2009, 05:02 AM
    You man totally, its not all about how good your going to be or anything. Just take the classes and have fun with it. Don't worry about how inshape you are or anything cause that's what your taking them for to get a good workout and learn how to defend yourself.
    markgood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 08:06 PM
    I have been doing TKD since 1974, teach many students of all ages. At any age one can start but please do not overdue it at first. You will have some sore muscles that will get better within a couple of weeks. Martial art is the use of the body with the mind doing most of the work.

I do not recommend signing any contracts. I offer two weeks free to see if a person wants to continue then pay by the month.

Junior Grand Master Mark Good
    ron87 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 11:37 PM

Thanks a ton folks!. I am into swimming for quite sometime now... did weight training for a year and a half... and am now enrolled in a kung fu academy!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 06:05 AM

Very cool! My Mom (who I mentioned above) just tested for her black! It's pretty bad that I can ACTUALLY say that my Mom can kick someone's butt! :)
    MightyMarcus Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 09:38 PM
    You are never too old to start in Martial Arts. You are at a perfect age because you are still very young and strong with plenty of time to learn and take in new knowledge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

Can a landlord in NH assess late fees on a late fee carried over month to month? [ 2 Answers ]

My last lease said that on the 5th day a $5.00 fee is assessed and then $2 everyday there after. After I signed my last rent increase, at the time of last renewal I never received a new full lease agreement. Supposedly the amount of late fees went up without notification or signing of notification,...

Late Fees being charged even though I'm not late [ 9 Answers ]

My landlord uses a reale estate company to manage his property. In my lease it clearly states that your rent is late if payment is made 5 days after the due date (which makes it late after the 6th of each month). Can my landlord lawfully charge me a late fee for paying on the 6th day? And, they...

What age is to late to start? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 14 and want to start martial arts(Tak Wando probably) because I have heard it helps improve basketball as well. What age is to late to start? Am I "over the hill"?

View more questions Search