Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 17, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Favorite animated film
    What's your favorite animated film, feature length or short film (2d or 3d, including stop motion) and why?

What do you think is most important to making a successful animation: story, animation (actual motion), or something else, such as rendering or lighting(mostly applies to 3d)? How important is voice talent or sound design?

The number of animated films being created and number of people interested in animation really seems to be growing, so I am curious about what people find most appealing.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Fantasia
    Autobaun Video Kraftwerk -Autobahn Original Video - Kraftwerk, German, original, expérimental, électronique - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

Just because they were different and before their time.
    I guess I mostly like the effects
    But some have a neat story too.

Also like kids movies like Toy Story

I have never really watched anime so I can't comment on that but my daughter is into it some.

Feb 17, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Interesting. The original Fantasia? It is interesting to see a 2d film as the first mention. I have favorite parts of Fantasia--family of pegasus' (sp) storyline.

I agree Toy Story is great too. I really enjoy that one because of the story. Pixar creates great stories that make their animated films so much more than "kids" movies. My favorite Pixar movie for story is still Finding Nemo. But Cars is a close second.

I don't know anything about anime either.

Edit--
    Autobaun Video Kraftwerk -Autobahn Original Video
    This one is really neat, too. I'll have to learn more about it. Thanks for posting it!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Kraftwerk is a german band from the 70's their music is done with synthesizers.
    Kraftwerk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Feb 17, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Thanks NoHelp4u--I got the bonus answer of being introduced to new music!
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
    I remember these 2 movies, I think they were japanese.
    One was called nausica, can't remember what the other was called, they were both very good and I liked them a lot. I will try and remember what the other one was called and tell you guys what it was called :)

Feb 17, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Great film Cal! Nausicaa is a film by Hayao Miyazaki who also did Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle (one of my favorites). The imagery he comes up with is just amazing.
    jenbobjenkins Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CMM_Kaleido
    What's your favorite animated film, feature length or short film (2d or 3d, including stop motion) and why?

What do you think is most important to making a successful animation: story, animation (actual motion), or something else, such as rendering or lighting(mostly applies to 3d)? How important is voice talent or sound design?

The number of animated films being created and number of people interested in animation really seems to be growing, so I am curious about what people find most appealing.
    My favourite anime film is hiya miyazaki's howls moving castle.
    Its just amazing if you haven't seen it then watch it and keep an open mind.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Mar 19, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Just remembered what the other movie is called :)
    Its Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
    Awesome movie :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for an 80's animated film [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for a title of an 80's animated film which I think starts with 8-10 astronauts crash landing on a planet where they find a bunch of good and evil robots. After the crash there is some sort of mutiny with the astronauts and half of them leave the rest of the crew to team up with the...

Animated film [ 5 Answers ]

I saw this movie in music class years ago, but can't remember the title. There's a lonely boy with a flute, and some girl appears and takes him off to some magical world, saying that he's supposed to save it from destruction. He meets some little black demon that can fly around like a buzzsaw, ala...

Need a title for an old animated film [ 2 Answers ]

I can't remember the name of a certain movie I watched when I was a little kid. I remember there was a princess who sang a lot and there were I believe maybe trolls that opened up a magic door for her to get around. And there was a warrior guy that was trying to save her because someone kidnapped...

Animated Film Of The 80's [ 2 Answers ]

This One Is Partly Animated And Partly Not, All I Remember Is This Little Boy That Ends Up Going Down Into The Ocean Or Just A Lake Or Whatever And It Is This New Land And He Has So Much Fun, I Can't Remember I Think He Might Have Became A Fish But Maybe Not, But He Had This Magical Day In The...

View more questions Search