Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichaelD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed problem
    My Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Delano model) was professionally installed and worked as advertised. Last time I turned it on, however, I found it only worked on high speed. The remote will turn it on/off and reverse it. I hear something from the fan (a click) when I push the "slow" button, but it continues to run at "high."
    I checked the troubleshooting in the manual, but this issue is not addressed.
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2006, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD
    My Hampton Bay ceiling fan (Delano model) was professionally installed and worked as advertised. Last time I turned it on, however, I found it only worked on high speed. The remote will turn it on/off and reverse it. I hear something from the fan (a click) when I push the "slow" button, but it continues to run at "high."
    I checked the troubleshooting in the manual, but this issue is not addressed.

Chances are you are plain out of luck and the unit is defective. However, does the manual pull chains work? Or is it just the remote that is unable to change the speed? Remember that is a fan has both pull chains and a remote unit the pull chain must remain set on high.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 08:12 PM
    Did the fan come with the remote or was it purchased separately? Does the fan have any pullchains or controls?

It does sound like a faulty remote receiver. However there are a few things you can try, including changing the frequency, and a replacement (universal) remote. I doubt they will solve the problem, as the fan appears to be responding to the remote but not to the speed change.

If it turns out it is the receiver, you can either contact the manufacturer for a replacement, or take the whole fan back to Home Depot.

Ceiling Fan Remote Troubleshooting (gives more details on what's already been covered):

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
    fmalloy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 01:16 PM
    I have two Hampton Bay with remote only operation, and both of them have a similar, but not exact problem - they run on Low and Medium, but select High, and it runs at the same speed as Medium, i.e.. It does not rotate any faster.

Same issue?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan speed switch [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter's ceilng fan stopped working due to a faulty speed switch. When I opened up the canopy and unplugged the 9 prong coupler I then proceeded to take out the switch. Dumb move on my part. Should have marked wire colors down first. New (and old) switches both have L, 1, 2, & 3 imprinted...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan 3-speed failure [ 1 Answers ]

One of our 3 speed fans suddenly only has one speed-slow. Any suggestions or comments to help us. It's HOT

Hampton bay ceiling fan problem [ 1 Answers ]

Recently installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan, the Waterton II, with an included light kit. The complete unit is powered by an electronic dimmer. The problem I have is I need to keep the lights on in order to operate the fan. If I turn the lights off the fan will not operate, nor will operate if I...

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan. When changing a lightbulb one of the metal clips that holds the glass covers in place broke. Can this be fixed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan problem [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 5 year old Hampton Bay Ceiling fan/light which can only be turned on with a remote and ,very suddenly, we can no longer turn the fan or light on! We checked the remote and it's batteries and they are OK. Can anyone help us figure out how to determine the problem and fix it? S Miller

View more questions Search