Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    what2dowhat2do Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 04:53 AM
    I'm in a pickle
    Hey. I am 18 years old and ever since I was 12 I wanted to be a forensic scientist. When I actually started college for it I suddenly didn't want to do it anymore! I ended up dropping out of college and now I have no clue what I want to do... sort of.
    I am thinking about going into a medical field of some sort (vet assistant or med assistant). The thing is, I feel like I will not be able to support myself as I grow up off the salaries.

My father is a pharmacist, my mother is a nurse, I have siblings (4) going to school for computers, pharmacy, biology, and psychology. I also have a little brother who is definitely princeton material (the kid is such a nerd! Lol)
    Anyway, I am telling you this because with a family like this I am expected to succeed beyond others in life and now I don't think I can.

I am leaning more towards the med assistant right now but there's a few problems...
    1-it costs an arm and a leg just to do a 9 month program and become certified
    2-i can tell my mom is somewhat disappointed by my decision about this
    3-the salary is barely enough to live comfortably on my own (in New York anyway)
    4-i am really smart(not bragging) and I feel I am not working up to my ability

Should I go for it? What if I do the prgram and then fall into massive debt! I am like freaking out because this is truly a life changing decision and I am just lost. Help please!:eek:
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 17, 2008, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by what2dowhat2do
    hey. i am 18 years old and ever since i was 12 i wanted to be a forensic scientist. when i actually started college for it i suddenly didnt want to do it anymore! i ended up dropping out of college and now i have no clue what i want to do...sort of.
    i am thinking about going into a medical field of some sort (vet assistant or med assistant). the thing is, i feel like i will not be able to support myself as i grow up off of the salaries.

my father is a pharmacist, my mother is a nurse, i have siblings (4) going to school for computers, pharmacy, biology, and psychology. i also have a little brother who is definitely princeton material (the kid is such a nerd! lol)
    anyway, i am telling you this because with a family like this i am expected to succeed beyond others in life and now i dont think i can.

i am leaning more towards the med assistant right now but theres a few problems....
    1-it costs an arm and a leg just to do a 9 month program and become certified
    2-i can tell my mom is somewhat disappointed by my decision about this
    3-the salary is barely enough to live comfortably on my own (in new york anyway)
    4-i am really smart(not bragging) and i feel i am not working up to my ability

should i go for it? what if i do the prgram and then fall into massive debt! i am like freaking out because this is truly a life changing decision and i am just lost. help please!:eek:
    Hello,

I can tell by your post that you are an intelligent young person and the sky should be the limit for you; however, you do have one flaw to fix and you said it yourself: "I am really smart (not bragging) and I feel I am not working up to my ability" Once you fix this, you'll gain a new positive attitude and then you can "go for anything" with the confidence that you will succeed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck in a pickle [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: my problem isn't big, but for a 15yr old, it is. See, there's this guy, ed (I swear that's his name), and my best friend, caitlin, used to like him. A lot. He was all she could talk about for then entire spring and summer of 2007. She thought ed was the cutest and coolest guy ever, and...

I'm in a pickle [ 4 Answers ]

I have been asked to do a science assignment, and the subject I have chosen is Forensics. The task is to find 6 different speakers and their opinions, from experts e.g (scientists, judges) and write a report about each opinion and also a biography about the person. I have been searching for...

View more questions Search