Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    student007 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Jan 22, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Bba
    For a general BBA program (4 years), the first 2 years are general business with no choice in courses, and the student is allowed to specialize in third and fourth year. I would like to know if employers hire BBA grads by referring to their four-year GPA, or their third-and-fourth year GPA. I think it would be fairer to look only at the last two years because it truly reflects how well the student did in their choice area of study. Since the first two years gives students a taste of EVERYTHING, chances are they won't be very good at one or two fields. This would lower their GPA and may not truly reflect their real abilities.

Basically, I just want to know what you think, and if anyone else knows what GPA employers refer to when choosing undergraduate applicants.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 22, 2006, 03:15 PM
    Gpa
    It can and would depend upon the employer. Many will never even ask for GPA, others do. I have never seen anyone look at anything other than the overall GPA at graduation, but if you have a much lower overall GPA than you do in your area of major and they are asking for GPA< I would include and show it, Getting a job is a sales job on your part, you are selling yourself and have to use any and everything you can.

In general try to do as hard as you can. Remember that every applicant has to do the same classes also, and how well they do compared to you, may or may not be inportant to specific bosses.

Also you never know what an interview is going to be like, one of the ones I remember most is where I was asked if I was to be a piece of furniture what would I be and why?

In another I was on the scene of an auto wreck, I see my boss there and he is getting rid of a bottle ( drinking) the police ask me if I saw anything, what do I do?

I will say in many interviews GPA don't even come up, but then in some cases they do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search