Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

Jan 22, 2006, 11:36 AM
    Engagement Gift
    Hello. Well one of my very good friends just got engaged recently and I wanted to know if its approprate to get him/her a sort of congratulation gift, or is that a bad idea. Should I just save my money and wait for the wedding? :)
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 22, 2006, 12:05 PM
    I don't think there is anything wrong in that, especially if this is a very good friend. I myself would have probably done the same thing. The only reason that I may not do is depends on my money situation. Remember if this is a woman who just got engaged, you will have a shower gift to buy for and then a wedding present. If money isn't an issue then go for it. I bet your friend would find that very thoughtful
    Xx.Blue.on.Black.Xx Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2006, 07:45 PM
    Of course, besides most of us like recieving gifts. BUT the best ones are always unexpected and out of the blue. I think it would just light up your friend, bring a real glow. It also shows what an awesome friend they have.:o
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2006, 11:18 PM
    Will there not be an engagement party and/or a bridal shower?

My cousin got married.

We all went to her engagement party.
    Then only the woman went a bridal shower party.
    Then we all went to her wedding.

3 times the gifts for her.

There is nothing wrong with giving an engagement gift.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2006, 06:45 AM
    HI,
    Nothing wrong with giving a gift anytime, not just for any particular thing.
    If money isn't that much of a problem, then give him/her a gift, with a card saying "Congratulations".
    Showing you are a good friend means you will be just that much closer to your friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need SERIOUS Help with gift idea! [ 6 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and have been bestest friends with Tess since we were 4 years old, yep that's 18 years - a really old time. She is very dear to me and the truest friend I've ever had but that also means we've given each other every possible B-day and Christmas gift under the sun. Seriously, I am...

Gift certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I revived a gift certificate from my job for $300.00 when I went to use it to pay for the hotels the travel agent took his commission out of my certificate can he do that?

Gift for the nun who has everything... [ 8 Answers ]

I wasn't sure whether to put this topic in etiquette or religion, but I thought in religion people might know more about nuns, so... One of the Sisters who taught at my boarding school had cancer and beat it! I was just invited to a party to celebrate. I was not asked to bring a gift, but this...

Gas valve noise on main valve engagement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier 58gs100ga furnace with a white rodgers 36e93 gas valve. The main gas valve solenoid chatters or rattles for a split second before it stays engaged after the pilot is proved. I just replace the spark/lock out board and the fan board for a different problem. This chatter is...

View more questions Search