Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nclonghorn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Writ of execution
    Can my fed and state tax refunds be garnished with a writ of execution, and will I be notified before hand
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Yes for many types of debts, and no normally you are not notified ahead of time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of execution [ 7 Answers ]

1) Is there a way to find out if a writ of execution was submitted to withdraw money from bank account? 2) I want to withdraw money from my 401 k to pay some debt down, if there is a writ can they touch that money ?

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

Collection agency for a credit card sued and won the judgement. Writ of execution has been filed. Do not own any type of property and house is a rental. Question is: can my vehicle be taken away even though I don't own it, it is financed, the lienholder has the title. I understand about where...

Writ of Execution [ 15 Answers ]

I have a small claims that went into a default judgement. A friend of mine was sueing me for $400.00... and at the end since I missed the court date I ended up owing him $1674.64. Ok so there was a default judgement placed. I received a letter from the Sheriff regarding the Writ to Execute. So I...

Writ of Execution [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question -- We had a judgment issued on my husband & I & had our bank account frozen back in April of this year. They took the $ in there & then we made payment arrangements w/them to pay off the remaining judgment. We came into financial hardships again & could not pay the monthly...

View more questions Search