Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noboat Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Signing up for medicare/medicaid
    I'm turning 65 in July of 2008. I've heard I need to sign up for medicare/medicaid before then or pay a penalty. Any info or web sites would be helpful, thanks. noboat
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 09:22 AM
    You do not sign up for medicaid just because you turn 65, you sign up for medicare, you will also need to sign up for a medicare suppliment and drug plan, or one of the new advantange plans,

Normally they will send you a packet from 4 to 6 months prior to your birthdate, You can sign up from this site and/or get more info

Medicare.gov - Medicare Eligibility Tool (Eligibility Questions)
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Congratulations on truly becoming a 'senior' and enjoying your 'entitlement' to the world's best health care system. Take some time to study your health care options: traditional medicare or medicare advantage plans. I haven't made my choice yet, but at this point prefer the medicare advantage plans offered by many different insurance carriers. Talk to your doctor's insurance clerk about their experience with different insurance companies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medicaid eligibility [ 1 Answers ]

My husband just lost his job and I do not work, we are insured for one month before we lose coverage. How can I tell if we are eligible for medicaid? If he takes a new job that doesn't provide health insurance, how would we go about finding affordable insurance for our family if he makes a base of...

View more questions Search