Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 08:49 AM
    What do you want for your children?
    Hi again :)

While particapting on another thread, I realized one of the qualities that I most admire about someone is the deep love they have for their children. It is so evident when the speak and I get such a joy seeing that type of love that I think is indescribable.

And then I wondered ( I know... you all love when I do that :D ) What do you want most for your childrent? Of course, happiness, but what qualities do you most want for them?
    When they lay quietly sleeping at night, do you take a moment and watch them and silently hope for something in your heart for them?

I am not a parent - I always said, whatever God wanted. I know I would be about 5 pounds if I were a parent - as I would worry about them every moment.

If I were a parent - I wouldn't wish them to be a scholar, or cure the world of any illness, if that happened, wonderful. What I would want most for and of my child is to always have a smile, in their heart, to be kind and giving to easily give happiness, to be safe and always feel loved. I would want them to be sweet as sugar no matter what life brought their way.

So, all you wonderful parents out there - what do you want most for your child and what
    Qualities do you hope they posses. Or what qualities do you actually see that makes you the most proud.

By the way - I tip my hat to all of you - and admire and respect the rewarding but difficult jobs that you all do. You all are helping shape our tomorrow by the scarifices and love that you are instilling in your children today.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 06:49 PM
    I like nothing more than to see one of my children smiling; and worry whenever I see one with a sad expression. I want my kids to have the best education (which they don't) and live in the most free country on the planet.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
    I want them to know God, always be safe, use their abilities to the fullest, and have a passion in life to pursue and drive them.
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 07:48 PM
    George and Inthebox... beautiful.

Very blessed children.
    CMM_Kaleido Posts: 77, Reputation: 8

Feb 17, 2008, 08:22 PM
    I have never actually thought about it (to put it into actual words). They are really young. But I would like them to always have hope, or at least be able to find it when they need it most.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Confidence and Self esteem:D

My children know themselves worth and I always want them to posses that quality.
    I want them to have the confidence to go after their dreams
    And the self esteem to never settle for anything less than what they deserve.

I want for them to make good choices and believe in the power of can, instead of the word cannot.

I want the best of everything for them and can only hope that I'm doing my job as a parent to see that it happens:)

Ps. I'm happy to see you back here more often Allheart!!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:45 PM
    I would like them to be aware that their behavior affects others, that there is always the choice to investigate to the fullest before making a decision. Having choices is freedom. Being free is joy.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:49 PM
    To be able to pass on the legacy of having done something to make their life, and future generations, better as a result of something I did for them...
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Oh Kae, every time I see you posting too, it makes me smile. You are such a sweet soul.

All of you, just are blowing me away - in a wonderful way with your deepest and sincerest wishes for your children.

Simon - what an awesome lesson... I would like them to be aware that their behavior affects others, If we all could learn that... so many are unaware.

These are all so beautiful and touching...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

His children over me? [ 12 Answers ]

I need help because when we are on the phone, if one of his children calls... its an immediate hangup... Give me advise for felling so down on his list.

Children [ 4 Answers ]

This may sound strange, but I am currently living in a long term shelter with my two beautifull boys. I have always wanted to be in the army and have recently started to sighn up, under the impression that my sisters would help me with my kids. Now for whatever reason they can't, my mom is too sick...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search