Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coldatthemoment Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto"
    I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles (not repeatedly just when you turn it on and off), but the fan blower doesn't run/hum/make noise. If I put the fan switch on the thermostat, the blower runs full speed and the heat cycles as it should and maintains steady temp in the house.

I tried turn the fan switch back to auto and it cut the fan off. The fan then came back on at its normal lower speed. The heater cycled off normally it seemed, but when it cycled back on, again there was no blower output. I only got the blower to come on in the normal low speed one time.

So, the elements heat, the thermostat cycles, the blower runs in "on" position only.

I have the schematic from Intertherm for this system.

Any ideas?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Here is a complete service manual or your furnace.

http://www.nordyne.com/Literature/359a.pdf

Many times a part called a heat sequencer activates the blower in the heat mode. When you switch the thermostat to on for the blower it just bypasses the sequencer. I believe you will find the sequencer defective.
    canex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2010, 09:10 PM
    Is there a fan switch available for a 10 kw intertherm furnace model E3EB-010H so as to run fan only in summer. There does not seem to be a spot for it as in EH series . IF so how to wire it in
    zerostone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 02:45 PM
    I have the Intertherm model e2eb-015hb when I turn the heat on it works but a buzzing noise is heard. Can you tell me what causes this?
    hvaaaac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 05:06 PM
    Some electric furnces have a 240V contactor for the heat strips, the contactor may not be getting enough voltage due to a bad transformer, or the contactor is just worn out and not getting a good connection.
    carolinatech99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2011, 12:31 PM
    Sounds like bad sequencer, since the blower runs in override
    eugenev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2011, 10:48 PM
    I have a E2EH-017HA and the thermostat will not allow the fan to come in auto position there fore I am getting no heat. I've changed heat sequencer and it still didn't work what am I doing wrong?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Lennox furnace blower doesn't come on when on "auto" [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Lennox furnace model G23Q3/4-100-2. When the thermostat calls for heat, the igniter will light the pilot, the gas will come on and light, but the blower does not come on and the furnace will shut off after a few minutes (overheats because of no blower). I can turn the thermostat to on...

Blower runs on "ON", but not on "Auto" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a Goodman COMBINATION HEATING AND COOLING OUTDOOR UNITS PG/PGX SERIES (100K BTU). It failed to warm the space. The fan would not run on “ON” or “Auto” mode. Upon investigating, there is no power to the unit due to 25 amps fuses blown. Replaced with new fuses. Power was...

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search