Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malak25 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 11:41 PM
    Ending balance of a capital account
    How do you determine the ending balance of a capital account?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Four things affect capital: Revenues (+), Expenses (-), Investments (+), and Withdrawals (-). You will need to know those four things.

Therefore,
    Beginning Balance
    +Investments
    +Revenues
    -Expenses
    -Drawings
    =Ending Balance

Remember that Revenues less Expenses = Net Income. So you may need to add Net Income (or subtract Net Loss) rather than doing those separately, depending on the information you're given.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find missing capital in Balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

In balance sheet if capital is missing how can we find the missing capital? Can anyone tells me...

How to compute a business ending capital and net income. [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the problem and some of the work I have done. I have sorted out what are assets and what are liabilities. Now I am stuck. Please help me or show me how to do this. Benjamin O'Henry has owned and operated O'Henry's Data Services since its beginning ten years ago. From all appearances, the...

When new capital is introduced, is it entered in the capital account or bank account? [ 1 Answers ]

When new capital is introduced, is it entered in the capital account or bank account?

Capital One Froze My Bank Account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Virginia. Capital One credit cards obtained a judgement against me on 10/25/06. On 11/3/06, I went to the ATM to withdraw some money and was informed that I had insufficient funds. Funny, that morning I had 700.00. I asked the bank and they said some one had withdrawn 1201.82 from...

View more questions Search