Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jracord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Child support garnishment maximum amounts in Texas
    Is there a maximum percentage of wages that can be garnished for child support in Texas? :confused:
    sunnyMI Posts: 62, Reputation: 7

Feb 15, 2008, 06:52 PM
    The limit amount of garnishment for child and spousal support is 50% of an employee's “disposable earnings”
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 07:52 AM
    You really need to conform anything said here as laws change all the time. Also some states put the percentage on gross income and not net. Federal law may be a guidline or not. Another consideration is if arrearages are owed then the percentage may be higher. Again check your local law in the place where you have the support order as it can even vary on a county by county basis.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Sorry forgot to add those on last post.

Texas Attorney General

Child Support in Texas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support Lien - Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a lien on my ex husband's credit for a small portion of the child support. This lien was filed by my then attorney. Since that time our son has turned 18 and I wish to renew the lien for the full amount. Per the certified notice from the Child Support Office, the amount is now...

Child Support Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

What is the correct entry to record child support garnishments?

Child support and health insurance Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I pay child support right now, and I have until the end of the year to start finding health insurance too. So that means I have to pay the child support plus the extra cost of the medical insurance each month. Is this correct? Or is their something I don't know about?

What % of my income is maximum for child support? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ex who has been a nightmare from hell. We have a child together and for about 6 months everything worked out well. She is now seeking to obtain the child support through the state of IL and the question I have to ask is this? First let me set somewhat of a senario. My ex-girlfriend and...

Child Support Garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was behind on his child support because he hasn't found a job yet... we have a joint checking account with each other, they garnished the checking account along with the savings and left us with nothing. Can the state take my money also, or can I get my money back?

View more questions Search