Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supermisja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 07:25 AM
    Un comfortable
    Good dya or night to all I have a BEST friend who's getting close to a ex-boyfriend of mine which makes so uncomfortable. I would like to know what other people think of the situation they say they are just friend and hanging out together so often. Told my friend that she must be on her guide because might end up hurting her the most.:mad: :confused:
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 22, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Friends - Exs & Dating - Pickle
    Quote Originally Posted by supermisja
    I have a BEST friend who's geting close to a ex-boyfriend of mine which makes so uncomfortable. I would like to know what other people think of the situation they say they r just friend and hanging out together so often. told my friend that she must be on her guide because might end up hurting her the most.:mad: :confused:
    I never think it is a good idear for friends to start dating Ex's of friends because this always seems to build a lot of strain on the friendship and 9x out of 10 makes people fall out and friendships are lost. There is nothing you can really do if your friend starts dating your Ex as she has every right too, and if you try and warn them off your Ex they may just think you have soar grapes ! Or want them back for you. All you can do is be honist and tell your friend straight the way them hanging and so on is making you feel, and if there a true best-friend I'm sure they will understand.

Why do you think that your friend is going to get hurt by this Ex? And also welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 08:15 AM
    Hi,
    There is someone out there for everyone; someone who is caring, kind, honest, and respectful. It takes time to find the right boy or man. Some of us looked for years before finding who we were compatible with. I've been married now for 28 yrs, and I went through the same thing.
    I personally see nothing wrong in your girlfriend liking your ex-boyfriend. They might be compatible. I'm sure you see things in him that maybe your friend hasn't had a chance yet to see. She can make up her own mind.
    Things only get uncomfortable for us if we let them. It's the same as "stress" for example. No one can put stress on me, I have to do that myself.
    I'm sure everything will work out OK, and please don't worry about it. I do wish you the best of luck.
    supermisja Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Thank you all for your good words of encouragement thank you all so much
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 22, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Your more than welcome, there are people here 24/7 if you ever want to ask anything please do. And I hope you enjoy using the site.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2006, 09:35 PM
    There is nothing you can do to prevent this, but your friend probably shouldn't. Odds are her relationship with this guy won't last, but in the mean time, she runs a huge risk of destroying her friendship with you.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 02:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    There is nothing you can do to prevent this, but your friend probably shouldn't. Odds are her relationship with this guy won't last, but in the mean time, she runs a huge risk of destroying her friendship with you.
    I am with you Captain Forest. It all depends though how the relationship ended between you and your ex. If you and your ex left on good terms and were still friends (as I am with a couple of mine) then it would not matter so much. But if you parted on bad terms and did not remain friends (which is the one is sounds like) then your friend obviously cannot think that much of you if she could hurt you like this.

I went out with this guy 'C' once. He messed me around terribly and hurt me so bad. My mate 'S' started seeing him behind my back (even after everything he had done to me) - she never told me and listened to me poor my heart out about how hurt and upset I was even though she was sat there thinking "I am dating this guy". They ended up being together for 6 months in the end and have been on and off ever since to this day. 'S' and I fell out for ages over 'C', but luckily were able to work things out once I managed to get over 'C'. 'S' and I are still friends today - but we are no where near as close as we used to be.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2006, 04:16 PM
    It's a really bad idea. Usually nothing good comes of it. It will end potentially 3 friendships. AND usually someone does it to make someone else jealous.

Plus people should see how one person most likely hurt the othe person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search