Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amberlynn Posts: 47, Reputation: -1
    -

Feb 15, 2008, 10:33 AM
    I need answers.people read.
    Somebody help me.a beautiful boy broke my heart.and since then I've been going crazy.im depressed,moody,pessamistic, and my passion for anything and everything is gone.there is nothing to live for.I want him back.but he's so mean to me.he purposely ignores me because he knows it kills me.I cry myself to sleep every night thinking of where I went wrong.and there's so much to the story.I just need serious help.im talking to my mom about thoughts of suicide.and don't tell me to get over it.thats not helping.I could've told myself that.I'm so down.UNLESS SOMETHING I DO HAS TO DO WITH HIM, I Don't EVEN CARE ANYMORE.I just feel like I'll never get over him.I neeeeeeeed him.I wish he knew what's happened to me.I wish he knew everything.the truths to all the lies.and the full story of everything.I miss him.. why me why me why me.?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Darlin, you don't need him, you want him. There's a big difference between needing and wanting.

I need oxygen. I want a Mini Cooper.

Focus on what you truly need, darlin. You don't need a boy who is "so mean" to you. You don't need a guy who ignores you and makes you feel inferior and suicidal. You don't need a man who belittles your self-esteem and makes you consider drowning your moments in sorrow. You don't need to be depressed.

You are worth more than this. You have so much to offer some amazing guy. If he treats you wrongly, he's not worth your affection. Remember that.

Cheer up, hon. The sun is still shining and you have a beautiful, sparkly future. :)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
    You need a good education.

That's the only thing that can't be taken from you. Education never fails. :)
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 15, 2008, 02:48 PM
    (sending you a big hug)

I'm so sorry you are going through this! I think it is really good that you are talking to your mom about this; you need lots of support right now! Have you considered talking to a counselor? It can really help you deal with all those feelings. Maybe your mom could help you find one, or you could talk to a counselor at school.

Try to stay as busy as possible and spend lots of time on positive activities like hanging out with your friends, listening to upbeat music, watching a funny TV show, volunteering with some friends, stuff like that. Even if you don't want to do it, force yourself to. You're not going to feel better overnight, but the more you keep yourself busy, the more time you will be distracted from how bad you feel. Time is a really big factor in breakups. Right now the pain is fresh. As time goes by, it will fade, and one day you will wake up and realize that you aren't sad about it anymore. But that will take a while, so like I said, in the meantime, try to surround yourself with positive things. Avoid sad movies or songs too!

I know you feel like you need him, but you don't need someone who would be mean to you on purpose. You are a strong person and you will get through this, I promise! As much as it seems like the world is ending for you, it isn't and you have a bright future ahead of you! Right now is the hardest time, and it WILL get better! Hang in there!
    Brenok Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Feb 16, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Hi, I am also very sorry that you are having such a rough time in life. I understand being in relationships such as you describe. I am a lot older and more experienced in what you are going through, so take a second and listen to me. One of the reasons you want him more now is because he has shown you rejection and we always seem to want what we can't have or that does not seem feasible. I want you to do me a favor - I want you to think about your future with someone like him. If he is mean to you now, just think about how mean he might be in a long term relationship or a marriage. Do you want to commit yourself to a lifetime of abuse? What about children - do you want them to be exposed or possibly affected personally or physically? I know you are heart broken and sad - that is what he wants you to be - he is manipulating your emotions. You must be strong, keep talking to your mom, get more counseling if you can, consider yourself more deserving of a kind loving relationship in the future. So try not to pine over this person who has no respect for you. Don't let this person monopolize your life - you are worth more than that. It is tough, but just think of yourself - is he worth it? I wish you the best and bless you!
    B
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2008, 12:14 PM
    I am so sorry for you, right now at your age, things seem so serious and it feels like you can't get on without him. But life goes on, and each day the suns shines. There is no way to make him do anything and over the years, you will hve many loves most likely come in and out of your life till the right one is there.

Time will make it feel better and in fact 20 years from now, you will not hardly even remember this one. I know it does not seem possible, but life does go on.
    shesinlove Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 10:12 PM
    It takes a long time to get over a heart break but eventually you will... theres plently other guys that are nice and don't break hearts you need someone that shows you respect and that he cares you don't need this guy he sounds like a total jerk
    missmeliss Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 01:57 AM
    If you are having thoughts of suicide you need to consider getting some professional help. Call a crisis line and speak to a counselor asap if those thoughts continue. I am very sorry for what you are going through. I know you feel awful and it is sometimes very difficult to pull yourself back together without help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird lumps on vagina? Take the time to read! I need answers [ 3 Answers ]

HI Im 17 years old and sexually active but only with one guy! I'm 5 months pregnant! Around the time I got pregnant my vagina itched real bad and burned! I thought maybe it was a yeast infection because I had one before! Well a couple days later a bunch of pimple like bumps started showing up...

Please Read I Need Answers! [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know where to start... Last month I started my af on the 21st of march. I ovulated on the 1st of April. I usually have my af anywhere from 21 days to 27 days. I started my period on the 8th of April. It was a heavy one also. I also have high prolactin levels. I am wondering if I could be...

Please read especially new people [ 53 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this and Im not sure if its been discussed but Ive noticed a whole lotta times where people are dissagreeing with other people on my and other peoples posts. If you dissagree with "Moe" about something then please don't post that on my post. "Put it...

View more questions Search