Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pbohman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Taking patients assessments, charting, etc. to the patient area a hipps violation/
    MY former employer insists that the nurses stay on the floor with the patients and take their charting with them. The nursing staff is very uncomfortable doing this as they feel it is a hippa violation to take the charting, assessments, etc. out on the floor with the patients all around. The company states it is not. Can anyone tell me if it is or isn't?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Feb 15, 2008, 07:54 AM
    If I'm understanding your question correctly, I don't think it is a HIPAA violation. As long as you're not screaming vitals and diagnosis information out for other people to hear, there is not violation.

Though, I'm a bit unclear what you mean by taking them out on the floor. Is this a very crowded area, such as an ER?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overdue Condo Assessments [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings everyone. I'm the (unfortunate) president of a small (16 unit) condo association in Illinois. One of the units went into foreclosure a few months ago and is now up for sale. No assessments have been paid since July 2007. We're owed $2000+. My question is this: In order to collect...

A good web site for Charting my bbt [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a good site that I can use to Chart my bbt... thanks a lot :o

Losing my patients [ 8 Answers ]

There is a boy in the neighborhood that I do not want my five year old daughter playing with. He is eight and is out of control. The kids in the neighborhood are great except this one boy. He has walked right into my neighbor's house before. Now he has been coming over to my house and playing with...

Gifted Assessments [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this. I think that my 15 year old daughter might be gifted but I don't know what to do about it. Do gifted children always do well on tests?Also, where is the best place to go to find out?Is one type of test better than another? I live in England...

View more questions Search