Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Television repairs
    Is there still anything such as television repairs. I am having a slight problem and in older sets I knew what to do to stop the problem, now I have no idea. My problem is that the top of the screen sometimes moves to the right but the rest stays in place. The next camera will make it look OK but if they go back to the same camera again it will do the shift thing. Any Ideas. I would like to wait for a few months before I buy the HDTV and digital.
    xphelper Posts: 220, Reputation: 29

Feb 17, 2008, 11:14 PM
    I was a former TV repairman (not very good at it though)... anyway, here's my thoughts:
    This could be a horizontal or vertical sync problem brewing in your set; however, not much you can do without the old H and V knobs. I have also seen this problem occur on TVs equipped with a "commercial skip" feature. The only way I know this is because I bought one new and saw it first hand out of the box. Another thing I heard is not to buy a Samsung "Slimfit" TV because they are notorious for "bowing" at the top and bottom and especially the sides. However, unless you have a high-end TV, I wouldn't suggest trying to get it repaired.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 11:29 PM
    I'm sure you could find an appliance repair shop in the yellow pages, but seriously, you will probably pay more than the TV is even worth. This is why when appliances break most people replace rather than repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental repairs [ 8 Answers ]

My 90-year-old mother lives in a rental house in Lee County. The landlord does very little to maintain the house and now the roof is leaking badly. He has just told her that he does not intend to repair it, and if it "comes down," she will have to move out. He told her that he got an estimate for...

Home repairs [ 5 Answers ]

The hot water pressure in my bathroom wash basin has lost a lot of pressure. All the rest of the taps throughout the house are o.k. what could be the cause?

Lease provided repairs vs. Design/decorative repairs? [ 2 Answers ]

Since buying our home we have painted various rooms, replaced old doors with new nice wooden ones and changed out the old closet doors also for new ones. We have re-done the trim work (baseboards and door/window frames) in these areas too. The rest of the home is in good condition, but not newly...

Internal repairs [ 1 Answers ]

I am a bookkeeper in a repair shop the employs vehicles that make road repairs. In this instance though, the vehicle needing the repair is our own. We just switched computer systems recently, and this new system requires us to create a full invoice for this kind of transaction. Prior to this,...

Auto repairs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda Accord 2.2L. My problem is that the radiator cooling fan cycles on and off numerous times sometimes 5 or 10 minutes after the car has been shut off. It will only remain on for a few seconds at a time. I have replaced the coolant temperatore sensor for the ECU: also the...

View more questions Search