Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NICOLEH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Foreclosure and sale by 2nd / second mortgage holder, what happens now?
    My second mortgage holder ( a private lender ) foreclosed on my home after months of not responding to requests for payoff instructions. Sale occurred over two months ago, yet the first loan on the property is still in my name. I haven't made the payments after the sale- Now this loan is in foreclosure as well and a notice of default has been posted... please help!

What happens with my first mortgage holder? Isn't the winning bidder required to pay them off? How can I be legally held responsible to pay the mortgage on a property that is no longer in my name? I've received an eviction notice and need help asap..

The foreclosure on the first mortgage now is going to hurt my credit even more, can this be legal>?

Thanks for your help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 07:00 PM
    Sounds like the second mortgage holder did not legally do the sale properly. I would hate to be the buyer, since the buyer would be obligated to the other mortgage if they want to keep the home.

And normally the second mortgage holder can not force a sell without going though the 1st mortgage holder But the money from the sale, has to go to the first mortgage holder first

But I would say that the first sale was not the legal one, and this foreclosure will actually be correct. But then I am not a real estate attorney. But if you are in default on both 1st and 2nd mortgage, your credit is shot anyway and worrying about creidt is really pointless at this point anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2nd Lien Holder on Foreclosure Property [ 2 Answers ]

In short, my husband was in a traffic accident and we had to sue the person to be paid for the damages incurred to his car, medical bills, etc. The people never responded to the initial lawsuit, so judgement was in favor of us. The other party never responded to our request for payment after the...

2nd mortgage power of sale [ 16 Answers ]

I was just served with notice that my home is going into power of sale within 35 days, because of not paying my 2nd mortgage for the last 6 years, my 1st mortgage is up to date. The problem is I thought it was paid since I never received a renewal in the last 6 years, and there was no attempt on...

Finding a mortgage holder [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to go about finding the bank that holds the mortgage for the house next door to me that was abandon? The house is filled with flies and there is an oder from inside. Please let me knowif there is any help! We are in Charlotte, nc.

Mortgage Holder [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the mortgage holder of a particular property. I have located the county tax assessors ID # of the property.

2nd Mortgage Holder did not file claim [ 2 Answers ]

Our Chapter 13 was confirmed in November 2005. We have a 1st and 2nd mortgage but our 2nd mortgage holder, Charter One, did not file a claim. So only our 1st mortgage is being paid through the plan. Does Charter One still have a lien since they did not file a claim within the 60 day period? ...

View more questions Search