Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eagle08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 04:34 PM
    60 yr old moderator on teen boards website
    I was recently informed that there is a 60 yr old moderator on a teen message boards website.From what I have been told by various people this mod messages young teenaged girls & has inappropriate (sexual) conversations & asks for nude pics.He also harasses random members who don't agree with his topics with warnings or banning from website.
    Many people have complained to the other mods & admin but no action has been taken.

The moderator is on the website nearly all day/7 days a week.I just don't understand why a man that age is on a teen website.( well... I do understand & I smell a perv.) Can any action be done to get the perv off the website cause this is pathetic.
    He can be a moderator on adult websites if he wants but a teen website just isn't right.

Here's his profile & Read his white board.His avatar was creepy & he just changed it today.This is a classic example of a internet predator.       http://the_professional.showmember.com
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 04:57 PM
    It might take having the teens that are on to him informing the others to avoid him because he is a perv. If he gets a bad enough reputation with all the teens the site might do something.
    Bill Gates, Google, Yahoo and the other main sites or somebody should have a place where you can report certain people and the scams.
    eagle08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 05:05 PM
    This is just disturbing.He has been reported by a few others to perverted-justice.com & hopefully they can bust him by posing as a 13-15 yr old decoy.Perverted-justice.com was heavily involved in the "To catch a predator" reports/tv specials with Chris Hansen. http://perverted-justice.com
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Yeah I have heard there are individuals that do stuff like that. I always wondered if there was a site.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 05:59 PM
    I know nothing about this web site, but you need to notify the owners of the site about the problem,

It is not the fact it is a older person, since often it takes a mature person to do moderatoin on the board but what is wrong is them doing anything improper with any younger teens.
    hennyxlb Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 05:28 AM
    Lol take no notice of him he's just a looser and a pervert who carnt get nothing!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Email a bunch of people here: LiveWire Teen Forums & College Forums - LiveWire Team

Best to offer some proof with screenshots and links to PMs from your affected friends.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2008, 06:11 AM
    You need some proof. You can't report it to your local police unless you know a local teen is involved. The perverted-justice site may be of some help. Talking to someone in your local media may also help. If you have a local FBI office, you might try contacting them (again as long as you have proof).

There is nothing wrong with an older person moderating a teen site, I was moderating a chat room for teens at one point. I remember putting one kid on a time out for talking about bare naked ladies :) But if he's using his moderator status inappropriately that's a problem.

One other thing you can do is write to the site ownership. Tell them that since they have been notified of this guys actions and have failed to take action, then they are opening themselves up for a liability suit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Communication with website moderator [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My friends. I need to some videos on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. but this website is filtered in my country. How can I get the stated videos. Can you help me to get the email address of YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. owner or moderator?

View more questions Search